What are you fishing For?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by john catfish young, Sep 4, 2008.

What are you after?

1. Eater size ?

2. Monsters ?

3. Flatheads ?

4. Blues and Channels?

5. CPR the Monsters!

6. I keep all I catch!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    When you go fishing, what are you hoping to catch. Is it eater size catfish? Or perhaps, you are after monster Fish only. Do you target Flatheads, Bluecats, or channels. Do you keep all your fish? Do you CPR all your fish? Let us know where you stand. Personally for me......I target the monsters!!!!!! I CPR all the monsters. In the winter, I may keep a few of the channels and Blues in the 5 lb range. Nothing like some golden brown, lightly fried, catfish nuggets!!!!:big_smile:

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm primarily targeting blues in the eating range of less than 10# or so, knowing that I'm going to catch some larger ones while doing so; of course, I'll take the occasional channel cat too. If I can catch enough eating size fish, I prefer to release the cats over 10#.

3. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Please note that this is a Poll......and you can pick all that apply to you....Thanks:big_smile:

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I EXCLUSIVELY target flatheads from middle April to early November.

I CPR every fish so they can bigger and my friends and I can catch them again.

Eating fish from my polluted river would mean my kids won't be right when they are born.

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i target flatheads but get channels and blues everyonce and a while

i practice selective harvest and target big flatheads but also get alot of small ones in the proccess

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I cpr the bigguns last couple of years I don't hardly catch anything big .I do keep big fish out of my father in laws ponds his rules ! I feed a family of five so fish and game are on the table with homegrown veggies when possible !

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    When I go out, Im looking to hook into the biggest baddest flathead in Az so I can claim the state title:smile2:. After a few hours of no action, I'll settle for the meakest, whimpiest panfish that decides to nibble...A little action is better than no action!

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    What am I fishing for??

Whatcha got?? I'm easy!:smile2:

A creek chub is as good as a Marlin to me.:big_smile:

9. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I only bank fish the Mississippi at the local dam and I want to catch a 126# blue. I release all fish, unless someone around me wants them. I do not enjoy catching anything under 5#. For me, I only want big fish.

10. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Man oh Man.....would love to see you post some pictures of a 126lb'er...good luck to ya.:big_smile:

11. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I like to catch any catfish that will bite. But usually target the bigger blues.

Tom

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thanks for the POLL John! I voted for searching the monsters and CPR them also.:wink: This hasn't been the greatest year for me. My biggest was a 13.5# channel, but the hunt isn't over yet. Gotta keep trying!!:big_smile:

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i target channels and flats.i eat the smaller channels,and throw back all the flats.

14. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    For the most part, I keep all that I catch, with two exceptions. I CPR the monsters and I put the fingerlings back so they can become eater size or monsters. The only time I MIGHT keep a monster would be to show my dad, BUT he is my usual fishing buddy so why keep the monster to show him if he's already there? :roll_eyes:

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Targeting the bigger channel cats or flats. I eat a few channels but the flatheads I toss back to have a better fight down the road! Catch an release is a must in my opion for flats. CPR is a great way to make sure the fish has a better chance for survival.

16. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I go after the big boys to CPR usually but I fish as much as I can as often as I can and sometimes I don't necessarily target a particular species or size..When I get the itch to fish I just go catch whatever I can catch.When I get serious and get everything organized use all the equipment and plan for all the stars and moons to be aligned I go after big fish only..When I want some eaters I go to the local pay pond catch 5 for 10 bucks and go home fillet them and fry them up for dinner..

17. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I did not vote in the poll. I fish for the enjoyment of being out. I have no need to catch the biggest fish to show the world how great i am.I don't fish tourneys for the same reason.
    After reading cpr posts for the last few years, I sometimes wonder about the motivation of some the clam to be teaching the uninformed .

18. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    i target mostly channels or blues, because most of the time im using cut bait. i am mostly trying to get the bigger channel cats. not very many blues around here, but every once in a while you'll pull one out. i really wish they would start stocking the lake with blues. every once in a while i'll throw out a whole gill to try to get a flattie..

dont keep anything over 10#. i say once they get that big they have nothing to really worry about so it could possibly grow to be a record.

19. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Well Dale.....I too fish for the enjoyment of it. I fish one night a week. Every Tuesday me and some other BOC members get together and fish. We have a very good time of fellowship and fishing. Its kinda like guys night out....you know? Everyone is welcome. I have never fished in a tournament and never will! However I do enjoy catching big fish. It doesn't have to be the biggest fish and surely there is nothing great about me other than my love for fishing. Its all for the fun of it.:big_smile:

20. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This summer, I have kept all I've caught. For the simple reason that I have only been able to go fishing a very few times, and haven't caught a biggun. I mostly like to eat blues and flats. Only caught 2 small flats, and maybe 20 small blues so far. :sad2: