What are you doing New Year's, New Year's Eve?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Just sitting here wondering what everyone's plans are for this evening.

Nothing exciting to tell about here - the plan is to stay home, stay warm, eat some vittles, and watch the rest of the comedy movies I rented last night.

Couldn't decide whether to thaw out some jumbo shrimp or make spaghetti sauce, so it's going to be both. Leftover sauce is good anyhow.

I hope the remainder of the comedies are less silly than the first two I watched ("House Bunny" and "Step Brothers"). Occasionally I get an idea that I need to watch something totally "stupid" funny, so no thinking is involved. You know, kinda try to turn your brain off and just laugh. Didn't work. I couldn't stop thinking how dumb they both were, though I preferred "House Bunny". The other one, well, parts of it were completely unappealing to me - but I bet some of you guys might like it. :wink:

If all else fails this evening, I'll watch the FIFTH choice "Snow Buddies". I guess it's mostly a children's movie, but watching a gang of golden retriever puppies become sled dogs is bound to make ya smile. They can TALK too! :smile2:

Gees Louise, should've gone over to the movie reviews thread in the Sisterhood forum :roll_eyes:. Sorry 'bout that!

Now I'm off to start the sauce and dig out a Rachael Ray shrimp recipe I wrote down once upon a time.

Hope you all have a happy and healthy beginning of your 2009.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I'll be working tonight for awile then come home to my wife tommorrow I hope to go fishing:cool2:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'll be enjoyin the aroma of beer and urine on the train. Gotta work and the idiots goin to the city will be out in force. LOL!:crazy:

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That is, I will be doing nothing.

Nancy in Chicago, dogs need medicated and they took my license away. (no not really, just kidding)

Welcome back Catgirl. Need somebody to poke at me. BG has my number and let's me have crap all the time.

You at least let me have it with a certain dignity.

Thanks, John.

5. haroldlp

haroldlp New Member

State:
    IN
    First we are staying home and warm.

Got a bottle of Bailey's Cream for the wife's coffee, and a BIG bottle of Amaretto for me for after the scotch runs out.:smile2:

Boiled shrimp and home made dip is a tradition with us, think we got 6 lbs this year since we have a couple of friends coming over.

Can't forget the chilled bottle of bubbly reserved for midnight.

Hate to think what my head will feel like tomorrow but an sleep in. :smile2::smile2:

Whatever you all do be safe, have a Happy New Year aand see ya all next year. :005:

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Tanya, Tanya, Tanya...

House Bunny?? :wink:

We are staying in tonight... situation "normal"... heh.
    Iced tea for me...
    and we must be on a similar wavelength, because I'm thinkin shrimp scampi (just out of the deep freeze).
    Steak sounds good, too... but I've got a ham for tomorrow.

Daughter watched Burn After Reading last night and says it's ridiculous (i.e., you feel really dumb about havin' sat there watching it for 2 hours)...
    so maybe I'll give that a go. Also rented that X-Files Movie... and, of course, there's the 24-hour marathon of Elf on USA... LOL. I don't expect to get that desperate.

Hugs and Happy New Year to you, Sis. Enjoy!

Love,
    Carolyn

P.S. to Postbeetle John... no digs here... got enuff sand in my own eye :) Happy New Year, brother.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Going to St Joe to a live band deal tonight. Got a designated driver lined up or I would be sitting at home also. You all have a good and safe one.

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I think I'll just stay home and go to sleep early. :wink:

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nothing exciting here. Will probably cook something good up later but not sure what yet, will decide when I stop at the grocery after. Maybe sip a couple glasses of some Maker's on the rocks. :wink:
    Gotta stop by Ba$$ Pro and pick up a couple things, maybe get a couple more rod holders and install them tonight. Then get the boat loaded up so it's ready for tomorrow. Gonna see if I can't go find a few blues.

Happy New Year everyone! Be safe!

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Gonna go to bed early and then get up early to go fishing

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    heck I'm hiding out from Paul and the Mods , flying under the radar with my No avatar avatar for New Years. Maybe I can stay low for one night till I change it back tomorrow. LOL
    That be about the most exciting thing I got going on for tonight.

Most likely I'll be in bed snoring by 11.
    Course I do got a camping trip planned for tonight which will be fun.
    My wife an I are watching our 2 grandsons tonight. We having an over night camp out in our living room. Might run buy a box of sparklers for them to see.
    Cant decide what to fix for supper. Tired of dips, and any kind of bird. Had A big juicy hamburger for lunch yesterday and a T-bone for supper both hit the spot. I'm thinking for tonight, peppered steak or PB and Jelly. LOL, Another big grilled beacon cheese hamburger sure sounds good too me.
    I got it. I'm going to store and get a big head of cabbage. I got some
    hot sausage I can cut up and mix in it. make some iron skillet cornbread to go with it. Sounds like a plan.
    Other than that, I told both my Sons, where ever you go and whatever you do, need a ride home tonight , call me.

Everyone, have a safe New Years. I'll see y'all next year.

12. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    The girls are at the beach, so it's just Jackie (my dog) and myself so we are going to hit the sack early and dream of the pole bender I'm going to catch in the AM. Wind kept me off the water today, so tomorrows the day.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Attending a church New Years Eve watch service

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    "House Bunny" now the ole brain is kickin:crazy: Let me guess, it's about a rabbit that lives indoors? Gawd it's hard for a man to get out of the gutters. I won't be in no gutter tonite though, i'm gettin cleaned up and set at home with my wife. My head will be clear in the morning and me ole' belly won't be in a knot.

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well, I was planning on attending a watch night service at church....but as its nearing 5 pm now....I know that I will never make it to midnight. Probably just stay home and sleep in the New Year. Happy New Years to everyone and be Safe!

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well Tanya, later we plan to break out a full bottle of Diet Coke. We ate about 3, so can't look forward to eating. Betty said we might have some popcorn... the lite kind. :sad2:
    May even watch all of House of Saddam that we have on the DVR.

We're enjoying being home after being gone for so long.

Glad to see you back and wish you a Happy New Year.
    Also Happy New Year to all.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll be here in the chatroom,Might not have alot more to drink than my regular six for the evening,But Thats enough,Don't want no hangovers,Just like to hang with a few of my cyber buddy's. Ruth will be in bed by 9 pm as usual,and Katy might stay up till 11.

18. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    eatin sauerkrat balls and cheez and crackers.goin t bed early, i took an extra pain pill and feelin kinda woozy. :big_smile::cool2:

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am gonna set round tonigh maybe go dink in the garage late ...have couple brews ...nuttin fancy or special stay home where I am safe and warm:wink:

20. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    George & I went out to a late lunch and dinner will be whatever he can find. Both of us will be in bed long before midnight, I think that's called getting old.

Every one have a safe and happy one