what are you catching

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by johndeere nut, Sep 15, 2009.

1. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    Has anyone been fishing the ohio river lately if so what parts of the river and what are you catching. I have been for the past 4 weekends and come up empty handed in the area between cox park and trimble county power plant.I was just wandering what luck everyone is having.might put the boat in this weekend.:wink:

2. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I caught a small white bass on cut skip and some smaller cats. I would really like to start catching some stripes and some monster cats the water should be cooling down and the fishing should be heating up....or at least that's what they tell us.:confused2:

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    rising sun. my partner and I didnt do worth a crap which I had 2 days of mental mistakes. Never leave what you know when it matters. First place weighed in 244#s in 10 fish and 2nd was 198#s. There was over 4000#'s of fish caught in 2 days. That is not taking into acount all the guys who through fish back the second day that didnt have a shot to get into the money. To speed up the process and to be able to watch the top ten weigh in there fish.

4. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    that sucks shane! I have a tendency to try new things out when something is on the line...I chalk it up as the "what if theory", generally never works out.

5. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    ME AND MY BUDDYS HAVE BEEN CATCHING A FEW JUST DOWN FROM YOU AT GREENWOOD THE ONE IN MY PICTURE I CAUGHT FRIDAY NIGHT AND MY BUDDY GOT A TWENTY:big_smile:

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Posted pics on another local thread a 15 and 1 that I guess around 25 from Cumberland river and a number of 5lb er's and under close to the I-24 .

7. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I caught some smallmouth this weekend it was a good day of floating down some skinny water and scouting for holes.:wink:

8. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Nice Billy, there aint nothin like some small water smallmouth action on an ultralight pole! good times...good times:big_smile:

9. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    been hitting up the stripes down here around evansville pretty good ... cats are hidin really good right now ... cant seem to find any of them. gonna give it a try this friday for some more stripes and a few cats .