Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Honestly I can’t give a huge review on them because I’ve only been using them for a little bit but they seam sturdy haven’t had one rust their smooth to not damage line and something always fails before they do for me. I’m calling them good for now! (I use 60 to 80 pound braided line and 50 to 110 pound leader line) actually had a 7/0 bass pro kahle hook break the other day on a snag had team catfish power swivel 60 pound main line and I think 70 pound leader line on the rig. (Old rig but I’m 95% sure it was 70 pound leader)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am using them this year. No problems so far. They are smaller but look identical to the swivels I use when making snares. Never had one of those breaks and have scores of coyotes that have tested them.
Roy

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can't stand it when you ask about one particular product and people with no experience with them instead suggest what they use but today I'm going to be that guy and go against my own pet peeve, my apologies in advance.

I have been using the Bill Fisher "KROK" swivels, 180lb stainless swivels and have yet to have one fail me and I have deliberately tried to break them on more than one occasion when people would see them and comment on how they're too small to hold up to big fish. I can get 50 of them for round $14 online, got mine off Amazon but I'm sure there are other places just as cheap. They're not big in size but they are mighty strong and turn freely.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Team catfish hooks are rebranded diachi's...so I guess the swivels are probably the same...

Reactions: Osage78

·
Registered
798 Posts
Team catfish hooks are rebranded diachi's...so I guess the swivels are probably the same...
I got some of those Diachi hooks. Look like a hook to me. Amazes me that whatever your sport, someone is always coming up with a better idea that cost's a bit more. And lot of people that use the stuff really get into finding out which one is better! I don't have clue who made the swivels I use but have a few I've been using a few years now that for some reason, they still work. Guy's talk about sharp hooks all the time but I don't know that I've ever had a hook that wouldn't hook a fish for being dull! Diachi has a card in their bag of hooks that shows new hooks, well assume they are new hooks, blown up a bunch so you can see they are not sharp. Actually the only reason I got them is they are barbed and barbed circle hooks are almost impossible to find around here. And now we are getting the best swivel ever! Oh boy, another better mouse trap!

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,133 Posts
Knowing what swivels are supposed to do and what they are supposed to eliminate, I get the opposite effect. So, I don't use them.
Tieing leaders onto main line, using swivels, my rigs always endup twisted and tangled.
Tieing directly to the main line, I don't get them.
Taht's regardless of whether I have mono or braid for main line.

I also get twisted line and tangles if I use a swivel on a Kentucky rig.
So, I never use them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts