What are we about in the BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSG Johnson, Oct 4, 2005.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    To me what we are about is family, we are about fairness, justice, truth, equality, friendship, freedom, Fishing and above all Love for our fellow Man. We on the BOC need to remember that we are apart of something that is bigger than ourselfs we should remember that we are here to help each other. Sometimes that help comes from a strong PM that might offend. Sometimes it comes from one of the Mods. deleting our post that in our mind was great. And sometimes it comes from posting a prayer request for a loved one.

We are a family we are friends and we are brothers. Lets try and remember who we are we are the BOC the BOC is not a thing it is all of us. Lets act like it and remember all the people that have been helped. Hands reaching out to help a brother in need. Hands reaching out to pick up someone thats down.

We are the caretakers of a sport that we love we are the people that take a kid fishing for the first time we are the ones that take others out on our boats. We are the guys and gals that would rather see our buddie's son or daughter catch a huge trophy catfish before ourselfs. We are the guys that are kin to people we have never met.

Ive read the stories of the Brothers driving many miles to help anouther and not asked for anything in return. Ive seen and been the recipiant of the kindness of other brothers. Ive learned from the best that the sport has to offer and became a better man for it. Ive seen people give money and time to others when they didnt have it to give. We come from all walks of life and from all backgrounds we are world wide but yet we are right next door.

We have names like DRC, Whister, Bearcat, Screen, Dreadnaught, Cyclopes, Dano, Fwmud, Dreamcatcher, timmotha7, Bobpaul, MarkJ, Catbird and many more. We are young and we are old. We are alive and some of us have passed. We are poets we are writers, we are Military and Docs and welders and machanics but yet we are all the same. We are 12000 strong yet we are weak. We are all BOC we are the BrotherHood we are amoung the best and we are the best.

2. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

CHUCK
    that is one of the best post's i have read since becoming a member,GREAT JOB,if this is not a 5 STAR post then there will never be one.
    KIRK :thumbsup:

3. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Chuck, this post should be a sticky! It's fantastic. I owe you some rep points for this one. :thumbsup:

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Very nice, well thought out post Chuck, thanks.

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Chuck that is a powerful post brother I would give you some rep points but it would not let me right now. Thanks man you have a greatness about you that I wish we all had.

6. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Awesum chuck! And just like a family, we've got our good and bad,our victories and defeats.We've got times we agree and times we never agree.

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i am about 6' 1", 200lbs :D

8. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Chuck,
    Great post man.

-brian

9. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    chuck, you really put some thought into this one. preach on brother :)

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Wow, Great post Chuck! It's people like you that make us all so glad to be part of the BOC. WTG Bro :thumbsup:

11. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    Well said Chuck,I think that post right ther ewas very much needed.Some of us may have forgot what we are about and you hit it right on the head brother.Thats one of the better post i have seen on here by any one 2 thumbs up and 5 stars to you brother. :thumbsup:

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    CHuck, I'd raise your rep on this post, if it would let me. Seems I gave too many to you in the recent time span. All deserved.

13. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    Great post brother!

14. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    Super post!!!

Without doubt that was the best post I have read on the BOC!

Mike

15. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    awesome post bro i would like to apologize to a lot of people on this site because here lately i have ACTUALLY been letting all the things in the high intensity area get to me and as a downside i havent been paying much attention to the real reason i started being a member of this site in the first place! FISHING! i like to shoot the breeze with everybody and i might not agree with everything they say but it helps to talk about things instead of holding the bad stuff in and letting it build up until it is too late to apologize for the nasty letters and overall lack of respect for the brothers and sisters of this site. :crying: i truly want to thank the mods and paul for giving us this site and i am in a way ashamed at some things i have done on here in the last few weeks. i just want you all to know i respect you and will not be spending my time in the intensity area unless it is visiting only(i hafta read the 5 word game thread after all lmao) stay cool brothers and sisters and ill talk to you soon i hope.

your favorite? clown

16. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Great post man. I don't think anybody could've said it any better.

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That was by far the best analogy of this site I have ever read on here. This one should go into some kind of special place for all to read and easily accessable to everyone that needs to be reassured about what we stand for on here!!!
    GREAT POST, BROTHER !!!

18. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

I agree it should be where every one can read it.what about putting it where
    a new member applying can read it?
    KIRK :D

19. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's gotta be one of the worst posts from you that I've read. :eek:

LOL....Just funnin with ya, figured you already got the big head! :p

I have to agree with Kirk, we do need the new members to read this post and ALL the old ones too. Great post you got there, I'd give ya some rep points but it says I need to spread the wealth some more first. But I'll ne back and give ya 10 stars for that one!!! :D

20. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Great post, Wish I would have thought of it :D