What are u doing during the wait?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by N8theGr8, Dec 7, 2009.

1. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    Probly been done before but what do u find your self doing in between rebaiting. Me and my buddies rebate every 30mins or so and ill usualy organize my tackle, chew sunflower seeds, drink some beer, build a rock chair and a fire, or if im really bored ill shake my buddies pole with a bell and get his hopes up only to let him down:)...... lol what do u guys do???

2. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    LOL funny post and about the same here

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I might lay down in my boat. Or organize my dry storage. On the bank,I roam around.

4. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    still working on gettin the boat lol but layin down dont sound too bad.

5. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    i take my acoustic guitar with me from time to time ,and try not to drink too many brews,lol ( my guitar has got so much bait sh***t on it i could use it as chum:smile2::smile2: )

6. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I listen to the radio, drink beer, spit sunflower seeds and think of were my next spot will be at...

7. festus

festus New Member

I am really active when I'm fishing from the bank. Usually I'll fish 2 or 3 rods with cut or live bait on the bottom for catfish. Then sometimes I'll have another rod out with a minnow under a floater, and then be throwing lures for bass or panfish all the while. I seldom take a chair.

8. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    When I am by myself I usually organize my fishing notes and make more. If someone is with me I do that really fast, then we sit and shoot the bull and drink a few beers and shoot a little more bull. After a little of that I hope one of the rods gets pulled down so we can have some more lies to talk about :wink:.

9. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wait???? What wait??? I'm always reeling them kitties in one after another. Heck some nights I have to reel my lines in just so I can give my arms a brake from reeling in all those monsters!!!!!LOL:roll_eyes:
    OK seriously though, I'm a little bit on the paranoid side. I sit there until my eyes go cross, staring at my lines waiting for the next bite. I'm afraid to take my eyes off the line even for a moment. I will admit that even though I quit smoking, some nights a go though a pack of reds, just so I'll have something to do.

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I usually just bullshit and watch my poles.Unfotunately,I,m not very good at doin both at the same time!If my wifes with me,I usually spend my free time rebaiting her rod or retying it after one of her MANY snags.:roll_eyes:

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Boat or bank, If its a clear night I just look up at the stars. Or just sit there with my eyes closed and listen to everything making noises, thats about the time the bait clicker goes ape sh!^:crazy: and I just about have a damn heart attack trying to get My @$$ up figure whats goin on and which pole it is.:smile2:

12. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    yea i forgot that i might throw a rooster tail on and spin until i lose it:(

13. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri

14. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    YES.....i am the same way. i can't relax. I am worried that a big fish is going to pull my rod in the river....:smile2::smile2::smile2: of course it never happens.:angry: I started with the dip trying to save the lungs. :crazy:

15. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    crawl in the back of the van and take a nap.

16. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I watch the line, read a book or magazine, take a nap, smoke lots of cigarettes, orgainize my tackle box, think about what would be a better bait, look at the fish I caught, if I caught one. Wonder if I shoulda been fishing someplace else.

17. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Up until recently , really nothing except maybe walk within close proximity to my things. Recently , I have been moving every 15 or 20 minutes between different visible bottom structure. One of these days , I'll bring a small radio provided it doesn't need earphones.

18. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I walk up and down the river bank casting my sabiki rig or throwing my castnet for bait. Always looking for bait. I know the farther I get away from my rods, the better chance I have of having a #50 blue try to rip my rigs out of their rod holders.

19. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    i am like most of you just things that randomly pop in my head--walk the bank (found some good knives that way),smoke cigs, i quit bringing beer after falling in the water once lol, and really just listen to nature.

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    With the technological advances these days, waiting for a flathead bite is not as grueling as it used to be.

While waiting, I used to bring out my portable DVD player and watch movies. But now, I have a IPhone so I can watch videos or surf the net.

Next there, I plan to post reports sitting on the bank!:cool2: