What are the hook regulations for TN? ( J. Percy Priest mostly )

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by J. Percy Priest, Dec 14, 2008.

1. J. Percy Priest

J. Percy Priest New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    How many hooks can you have on your fishing poles for catfish.

How many for crappie?

How many for skipjack?

And how many can you have on your fishing jugs for catfish?

Thank you:big_smile: for any help

2. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    Jugs are 50 per person in the boat name address phone number needs to be on each one.
    Long trotline 50 max per person.
    Now on my crappie rigs I run 2-3 hooks per pole and 6 poles at a time fixing to be 8 poles off the front.

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What i want to know is i have went out with a few guys and ran some trot lines. But the next day they couldn't come help pick them up. Now what does a guy do?

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Maybe find more reliable fishing buddies? Around here, your butt would definitely be on the line if you got checked doing that.

5. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    I would say if they aint going to be there the next morning to pick up might should pick up before you leave.Least the ones that would be counted for them.I got questioned one time about having my jug tote in the boat with me.I had 40 jugs out and the great TWRA came up seen me running my jugs and asked how many was out i told him close to 40 and then he in turned asked why I had what looked to be over 50 more in the boat with me.I said well just grabbed a tote and loaded and ran.So he made sure I knew the limit was 50 per person.And also they are suppose to be ran and checked within 24 hours of putting them out.

6. J. Percy Priest

J. Percy Priest New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    ok thank you :D

, we thought we could only have 1 hook on the pole while fishing. So you you just tie them like 1/2 feet each on the line? and let it sink with a bobber stop?

The jugs are still only 1 hook right? we have fishing poles for catfish that have 2 hooks on them. But the jugs have only 1.

By the way that was a great question, we set out a lot of noodles and if my brother sets em you with us then we have to make sure he comes to get them. We never thought of that ^_^

7. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    From what I understand you can have 2 hooks on your jugs but that goes against your 50 hook limit per person.I have used 2 hooks on my catfish rods also but it gives you more a chance to hang up trolling the bottom.