What are the catfish doing at Kerr?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catfishnz4me, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    what are the catfish doin at kerr? are they in shallow or deep water? are they in creeks or in open water?? points or brush? i can not find them ANYWHERE!! i know that the blues are on the move and i need to look for them some more. ill be fishing the palmer point, henderson point, and north bend area. i dont want anyone to spill the beans on their honey hole but i would like to know if anyone has patterned them. please help me out!! all tips and help will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

2. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    We did fairly well Friday night on the main channel 20-27ft of water. A 25#,34#,36# and four more teens all blues. But I had a 40lb+ Flathead probably more like 50+ pull the hook at the boat on his 3rd surge for the bottom the hook pulled but at least we got a good look at him! It would for sure been my PB Flathead! I would post some pics but last time I tried I could not get the pics small enough to post?

3. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy Guys,
    Quint, get up with Deerhunter4, he's got a "resizer download" that'll let you resize the pics.
    Bigwhiskers

4. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Thanks for the advise bigwhiskers. I do not think I know who Deerhunter4 is though?