The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Most of my fishing time is solo, but the best partner I do share time with is my son. Because of schedules and family responsabilities we only manage about 10 or so outings a year. I guess my biggest complaint would be that sometimes he 'doesnt' want to leave to go home as early as I do. Go figure! I need more sleep than he does.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
No complaints about my fishing partner. Been a friend for 30 years. Never had a better friend, much less fishing partner.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can't find a partner since I moved. No one lives in same town and wants to fish same waters. Course it doesn't help that I have varying schedule and cannot fish at same time all the time. I used to have a partner a few years ago really got on my nerves. Would bring her dog along and of course that ruined the fishing when doggy wanted to go for a swim. Also she would get angry if I didn't want to rig my line same way as hers and wanted to leave early if we didn't catch anything.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Rosie, what waters do you fish normally?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I reckon being late is a pet peeve of mine! If ya say ya going to come fish...............and tell me when.............Show up then......That plain and simple
I too, hate to even say i might do something and have even the slightest chance of having to back out! That just isn't the way I roll..
My hubby is my best fishing partner and we love to hunt for the (big one) We are learning the river Boatside together......
He understands to me I have to have my hook wet most of the day and I understand he is into learning where to put a pole out! So it works...
We are learning the boat way on the river together..........Which works

·
Registered
188 Posts
I reckon being late is a pet peeve of mine! If ya say ya going to come fish...............and tell me when.............Show up then......That plain and simple
I too, hate to even say i might do something and have even the slightest chance of having to back out! That just isn't the way I roll..
My hubby is my best fishing partner and we love to hunt for the (big one) We are learning the river Boatside together......
He understands to me I have to have my hook wet most of the day and I understand he is into learning where to put a pole out! So it works...
We are learning the boat way on the river together..........Which works
That sounds like a great partnership right there!

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
Co -dependent couples.
" I can't go, I have to go to 2 year old birthday party of a boy that goes to the same babysitter mine does."

Might as well put on a dress and carry a pocketbook so you and that wife will match.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Co -dependent couples.
" I can't go, I have to go to 2 year old birthday party of a boy that goes to the same babysitter mine does."

Might as well put on a dress and carry a pocketbook so you and that wife will match.
Ha ha, Mark, that's pretty funny and I know people like this. I stayed single until I was 57 yrs old and have only been married for a little over a year. She doesn't care for fishing very often but doesn't complain if I go on the spur of the moment unless we had already planned something. But she loves the outdoors, we live in the middle of the woods and I wouldn't have it any other way again.

·
Registered
967 Posts
If my wife don't go I prefer to go alone. I have had nothing but bad experiances fishing with a partner. Last one I thought I wanted to fish with was suppose to be ready at 7:00 A.M.. Wife said he showed at 8:30 and was mad as &^*%^ because I was already fishing. Been 10 years and He still doesn't talk to me.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
If my wife don't go I prefer to go alone. I have had nothing but bad experiances fishing with a partner. Last one I thought I wanted to fish with was suppose to be ready at 7:00 A.M.. Wife said he showed at 8:30 and was mad as &^*%^ because I was already fishing. Been 10 years and He still doesn't talk to me.
I find it hard to find anyone around this area that wants to go catfishing. I used to have lots of friends who catfished, we'd spend a whole weekend out on the Catoosa area fishing the Obed and Emory and sometimes Daddy's Creek. Goby, Metalpha, and you Frank are the closest folks around on this board. I have a friend who lives in the Marlow section of Anderson County that likes to catfish but I can't get him to join this board. Most people around are strictly bass or crappie fishermen. I'll fish for anything, even if desperate enough carp. But I have to admit, sometimes I will catch more catfish while fishing for other species like crappie using minnows or using shiners for bass bait than if I were intentionally fishing for the cats. I hooked onto a 3 lb channel cat last spring while throwing a marabou jig for bluegill to use as cat bait on an ultralight 4-1/2 pole with 4 lb test and it fought as well as a big 15 pounder using 30 lb test and heavy gear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I fished Federation bass tournaments for 40 years as a boater. They pair you up with a different non-boater partner for each day of the tourney. You get every type of partner imaginable .
Some scatter equipment and trash all over your boat , some spray fish attractant or lure dye on your carpet , some would not get off their butt to get the dipnet for your fish , some talk nonstop other won't talk for nothing , some want to fish only their spots , some want to use your baits , some complain your spots suck but this is usually when they can't catch a fish there and you do . This is just a small portion of the bad ones.
On the good side , some of them are very polite , stay out of the way , dive for the dipnet when they hear or feel you set the hook , total opposite of the above paragraph.
All in all my faverite fishing partner is my 7 year old grandson who always wants to go , never wants to quit , always plays with the bait , wants to crank in all the fish , is ready with the dipnet when not crankin in the fish , when he gets tired , takes a nap under the front deck then ready to hiter again.
On top of that I love the little feller.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
1,970 Posts
Two discovered beer and girls. The grandsons. 21 and older. Was same way back then as was my son. Know where got it.

My other one complains she has to put her book down and grab her pole. Then she makes me beach boat so can go. Will not go in coffee can in boat.

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,072 Posts
I guess my biggest complaint about my fishing buddy is he gripes if my light hits the water for even a second.

Otherwise, he shares my aversion to east winds and constant chatter. :)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
My fishing partner is also my wife so my fishing partner is perfect, I have 0 complaints (don't know if she lurks here but, you know :rolleyes: ). I do have a couple of folks on here I would like to fish with a time or two but the geographical distance between us likely prohibits us from becoming partners.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My wife is my fishing partner too. She backs the trailer down the ramp around men that are all over the ramp... I just smile & wave as I sit in the boat!

Most of the time (9 out of 10) she out-fishes me, though.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts