The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Fishermen who want to go home too early because they're hungry or tired when we just stopped at a store before hitting the water. Also fishermen who want to go home because they keep getting hung up, slinging bait off, or other such foolishness. I've pretty much weeded out my partners nowadays. Another is they want to go home because it's too cold or a slight drizzle. I go fishing by myself probably 80%-90% of the time because of this......Yeah, showing up late, that's another, especially when they won't answer the phone or call me to let me know something.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I fish alone or with my wife. Lost a few partners when they were late and I was already on the water when they were ready to go. Had one who refused to take his fish off or bait his own hook. I about threw him overboard. One who never bought bait and when I asked him if he was going to he said i'll just share yours. One I offered to give the fish to and he answered when my wife got them cooked he would bring the family over for dinner. One who wanted to go home when I caught several fish and he hadn't caught any. I got so agravated at him I took him to the landing put him out and called his wife to come get him. Never saw him again for quiet a while. Hoot was the only really pleasurable fishing partner I ever had besids my wife.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I fish alone or with my wife. Lost a few partners when they were late and I was already on the water when they were ready to go. Had one who refused to take his fish off or bait his own hook. I about threw him overboard. One who never bought bait and when I asked him if he was going to he said i'll just share yours. One I offered to give the fish to and he answered when my wife got them cooked he would bring the family over for dinner. One who wanted to go home when I caught several fish and he hadn't caught any. I got so agravated at him I took him to the landing put him out and called his wife to come get him. Never saw him again for quiet a while. Hoot was the only really pleasurable fishing partner I ever had besids my wife.
My wife is my main fishing and hunting buddy----pretty damn good at the catfishing and not too bad of a shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
She keeps him (my Son) on a short Rope. I go solo most of the time and enjoy it very much. Derek says after a few years she will be like his Mom (my Wife), LOL. he only hopes!
Doug S.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
i have one buddy that i fish with who seems to be up for anything once we hit the water /but fish alone most of the time so i realy cant complane to much

·
Registered
90 Posts
No complaints on any of my fishing partners. When catfishing its usually my mom with me. She loves to fish but don't like being on water alone.
When bass fishing I usually go alone or take my wife.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've gotten to where I just don't expect them to pay for fuel, bait, tackle they've lost, boat ramp fees and such. I used to get aggravated when I was younger but I figured out it was just ruining my day. So I started taking buddies fishing and not expecting them to do much of anything. I have never had a man in my boat that wouldn't remove his own fish. Ladies get special treatment of course! But the guys will have to bait up and remove their own fish. Saves a ton of agravation and I have a great fishing day!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I use to take my mother in law fishing. Now there was a lady who could fish. I've seen her hold a pole all night long and never get a bite and never complain. Took a picture of her one night about 2:00 and will always believe there was a bear in the bushes right behind her. All we could see in the picture when they came back was 2 big eyes about 8 inches apart.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't really remember the last time I fished with someone that doesn't call me "Dad". They frustrate me more at home than they do on the water.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Finding a good fishing partner is like finding a spouse. You have to do a lot of "dating" before you find the "one". Some of the fishing dates turn out okay and others make you spitting mad. My biggest pet peaves are not being ready to go, wanting to call it quits early, and not being prepared.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The most reliable, responsible and appreciative people that I fish with are other boat owners that have the same intrest. I have a few members on here I enjoy fishing with that are BOC members and a few are not part of he BOC that I fish with that are retired. This small group of people are my favorite ones to fish with, I only have a couple of people that I fish with that are not boat owners, but they are responsible people that help foot the bill.

·
Premium Member
20,929 Posts
I cant complain at all about my fishing partner. She baits her own hooks removes her own fish and cleans all the fish. Lot better then 90% of the guys I took out on my boat fishing with me over the years. My wife is the best fishing partner to have. She out fishes most men too. She knows structure currents tides etc she can rig a cat pole to bass gear. Dont whine when it rains or gets cold.

·
USCA Jailhouse Lawyer
15,079 Posts
My hubby Bo is my best fishing partner. We've been together for 18 years and I can't imagine going fishing without him. One of our first dates was going fishing. I usually clean the fish 'cause I'm a little quicker at it than he is. LOL!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Somthing that aggreviates ts me about about a fishing partner is when they talk and talk all week about how many fish they have caught and all the knowledge they have about a certain species we are targeting, then when we get to actually go fish its like they never been fishing in there life and want you to show them how to rig,put bait on etc. Also when you fishing and all your partner wants to do is talk 24 miles an hour for the whole trip, or when we plan trip and make our meeting times and he is 2 hours late. or when after only a short time he isnt catching fish and wants to go do something else.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts