What are some of the biggest Crappie

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by turkey buzzard, Jan 23, 2009.

1. turkey buzzard

turkey buzzard New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg,Texas
    I recently caught a 15 3/4 inch Crappie and was wondering what some of the state records for crappie are? Please include weight and length etc.
    Carl

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    NC's record is 4-15. Don't know the length but I saw a mount of the fish when I was much younger and it was unbelievable. That is one huge fish. The state record shellcracker is the same weight. I can't imagine catching a panfish that big. The biggest panfish I ever had weighed was a 2lb5oz bluegill and I thought that was huge, think about a fish twice that size:crazy:

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In Ohio the record for a white crappie is 18 1/2" and 3.9 lbs. The black crappie record is 18 1/8" and 4.5 lbs.

4. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I just looked up a crappie from Kentucky in Crofton county weighed 4# 14 ounces, 21.5 inches long and 18 inches girth, possible world record from 2005 caught by a woman fishing with her husband and son. There was another crappie caught in Kentucky that a picture was floating around that was very close to this size.

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    The crappie was caught by Penny Hopper and the fish was sent in for genetic testing because of the spines and coloring and turned out to be a hybrid between a black and white crappie so couldnt be turned in for a record.

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thats new to me. Never heard of a hybrid crappie but I guess anything can happen though.

7. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    my uncles son (my cousin...i think) caught a crappie that was around 3 lbs. hes got it frozen in his freezer. ill get a pic of it next time im outt here. it was caught outa kkansas farm pond.

8. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    This fish weighed 2lbs. 13oz. and was 17" long. It was caught in North Carolina at High Rock Lake. http://www.gorowan.com/hr_fetch.php
    Check out the pictures on the home page and look over to the left and click on fishing and fishing2 for some more great pictures. The fish pictured here is also under the fishing2 side bar. That is my brother-in-law holding the big one and I am to his left. The other fish we are holding are all around 10" long and weigh 1lb. to 1.5lbs. to give you something to compare to. There is also some great info about High Rock Lake avaliable on this sight. www.savehighrocklake.org/HRinfo1.asp

Attached Files:

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Last year we went trout fishing at a late that just opened up at a shooting complex and hit a honey hole of 18 inch crappie we was freaking out at how big they was . Caught them on roostertails .

10. huls1

huls1 New Member

State:
    alabama
    biggest i have put in the boat was just shy of 2 and a half lbs buy i lost one last weekend that had to be about 10:misdoubt:

11. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Here are the Kansas Crappie Records

CRAPPIE, WHITE
    4.02 lbs. 17 1/2 inches, Rod & reel w/live minnow
    Farm Pond, Greenwood County, 03/30/64 ,Frank Miller, Eureka

CRAPPIE, BLACK
    4.63 lbs. 22 inches , Rod & reel w/live minnow
    Woodson State Fishing Lake, 10/21/57 , Hazel Fey, Toronto

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/Fishing/State-Record-Fish

12. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Here is a link talking about that Crappie if anyones Interested

Here is also a Pic Of Penny's Fish

http://www.heartlandoutdoorsman.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8882

Attached Files:

13. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Thats a monster crappie and its about that time. Ill start hittin them next month.

14. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    biggest crappie ive put on the bank was 2.5 at an old farm pond thats been her WAAAY before i was born. 2nd biggest was 2 caught at eldorado resevoir. caught a bunch of crappie between .5 and 1.5lbs

15. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I don't know:embarassed:

16. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky

I wonder if hybrid crappie grow as fast as hybrid bluegill do? Hybrid gills are a cross between a bluegill and a green sunfish.

17. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    What kind of hybrid bluegill? I saw georgia giant bluegill they get 5+ lbs on average. My cousin got some in his pond they out 3 years there now and some those weigh 2 1\2 - 3lbs. Ill take some pics next time we go crappie fishing, caught a lot thursday kept 14 all were 14-17 inches long. Well good luck and god catching.

18. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    OK google georgia giant and look at those gills. Take a hela flattie to swallow on those 5lbers. lmao.

19. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    16" from Bull shoals Lake, Arkansas.

20. Puddin Head

Puddin Head New Member

State:
    Grenada Lake, Ms
    My biggest crappie is 3 3/4 pounds, I've got it mounted on the wall at Bo's Bait Shop at Reelfoot Lake, Tn.
    I caught it on Grenada Lake, Ms, where I do guided crappie trips. Grenada Lake has a lot of huge crappie, If yall can ever get a chance to fish there you could possibly catch a crappie of a life time.
    If can help in any way let me know.
    Good Fishing......Puddin Head