WHAT ARE SOME GOOD SPOTS TO FISH

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by catkiller1234, Aug 13, 2008.

1. catkiller1234

catkiller1234 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I FISH ON NORTH EAST CAPE FEAR RIVER NEAR CASTLE HAYNE. IS THERE ANY GOOD PLACES THAT ALWAYS PRODUCE GOOD CATS AT NIGHT. I SET BUSHHOOKS UP AND DOWN THE RIVER AND DO ALOT OF BLUE GILL FISHIN BUT I NEVER FISHED CATFISH FROM A BOAT AND WHAT ARE SOME GOOD RIGS TO USE.:confused2:

2. kaleb5000

kaleb5000 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    where ever you are setting your areas your bush hookin and producing would a good place to start

3. kaleb5000

kaleb5000 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ok that sentence is a little messed up. what i meant was what ever areas you are bush hooking and catching alot of cats would be a good place to start

4. catkiller1234

catkiller1234 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I Was thinking the same but the fish i catch are know bigger than 10 lbs and im gonna fish a local tournament so im gonna need some bigger fish so im trying to find some good spots and i really dont know what to look for on a river because im used to fishing small ponds and river banks

5. kaleb5000

kaleb5000 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well on the river you wanna fish the outside edge of the bends in the river. because floating logs and such have came down the river and and tend to build up there and that creates alot of structure for cats also thats usually where the deeper water is when fishing in the evening or night i like to put one right in the deep part of the bend and one in the middle and one really shallow that way you are covering all depths. also any other deep holes on the river will be good spots to try to locate fish during the day because im of the water temps the are probably in the coolest parts of the river how ever at night they should be all over . well good luck and post up how you made out on the tournament when its all over