What are rep points?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FLATHEAD STEVE, Apr 10, 2008.

1. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    WHAT ARE REPUTATION POINTS AND HOW DO YOU EARN THEM?:confused2:

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey Steve, rep points are basicly a slap on the back for saying something good or if you get them someone that just didnt like what you said and they give you negative reps. Normally and I would say 99.9999999% of the time all reps will be positive. If you post something and someone likes it then they can privatly say great post or something like that.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks Gary. You beat me to it.....:wink::smile2:.....Well said Brother!:big_smile:

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU GET THEM OR WHEN THEY GET TAKEN AWAY?
    THANKS FOR THE INFO BY THE WAY!!

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Go to User CP(up at top of the bar beside new posts) and that will show what you have gotten and sent. If its a green dot beside of it, its a positive rep. If its a red dot beside of it, its a negative rep.
    Hope this helps out some.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Up on the top bar you will see User CP click on that and you will see the last 10 -15 that you gave and that were given to you. If you want to rep someone then click on the little star at the top of your post and and put in a comment

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    You beat me this time John

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah go to the top of my post and hit the star button, then write something nice....lol...then hit the send..... :smile2: rollo

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO!!! I tried to Rep you back a little bit ago but I'm out of juice. I'll get you tomorrow...:wink::smile2:
    Its all good, thats what the Brotherhood is all about. Trying to help each other out! :wink:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    SOMETHING TO FIGHT OVER :embarassed::0a33:

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Reps points to me show appreciation for someone's post. People give reps if they like or dislike the post. Most are positive reps. I like giving reps if the post is very informative or means alot to me. Hey, reps make me fell good. And I'm sure everyone one else feels the same way. By the way, I could always use some more, gotta shoot for that 100,000 rep goal!! Ha!Ha!

Thanks!!

Mark..

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    When you are cool, ppl let you know. Either from important information (something that I rarely contribute), OR just good conversation and good camaraderie. No need to be stingy with rep points imo.

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I personally do not give out Neg reps unless Im really POed but I cant remember ever giving them even when Im in the HI :smile2:

14. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    I've never given a neg. rep point but several times I've wished I could give more than One point---is there a way to give more than one point at a time?

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    The more rep points you have, the more points you give when you give someone a rep. I haven't recently checked how many I give when I give a person a rep but the last time I checked it was several 1000. I usually give reps to 10 people a day, that's the daily limit.

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i was gonna neg rep ya for that post, but i have to spread the love first:angry::smile2:

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

your almost there now.lol.

i gave one neg rep. i was told to find another site to go to. so i gave a bad one and told him to go.:embarassed::wink:

18. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well said I never really knew what rep points was lol

19. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Yep ! take em to the local coffee shop along with $1.25 and you can get a cup of coffee!:smile2:

Just kidding it is nice to get the feedback and its feels good when you give them :smile2:.

Now thats a win win type situation.

20. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A firm believer in giving out rep points to anybody. After all is it gonna hurt ya to give some rep to brighten a person's day? I know I enjoy receiving rep as much as I enjoy giving it!:wink: