What are all the fish up to?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catman529, Nov 24, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I went fishing today where I usually go for cats. I used a cut bloody shiner from my cast net. Strange thing is, the shiner was the only fish I caught. All of the fish and baitfish weren't active, or anywhere I looked. I had that bait in the deep area where my last cat was caught, but today, nothing. It was warm and sunny w/ light wind. High around 70. Where were all the fish and why weren't they active?

Extra info: water was at normal levels, more clear than during the summer, moderately cold, and had a lot of leaves.

2. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here in Iowa the water temp is fluctuating from the High 30s to Low 40s....thats the problem for me right now. Fish have seemed to have shut down for awhile. Hopefully they will get adjusted in their wintering holes and then become active again. The water here is also very clear compared to normal...it is kind of nice seeing structure that you can't normally see with darker cloudier water, that is the only positive I can get out of this slump right now. Let us know when it picks up.

3. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Same thing for me. I just got back from the lake (10:00P.M.) No bait fish in my usual prime spot. Fished with worms and store bought minnows. We got several bites, but they were all very light, and when we did reel one in it was 6-10 inches long. It's shallow at this spot. I think I'll move around towards the dam next time. Doug

4. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    Aint nothin happening here because the pond i fish is full of weeds and i am waitin on the cold weather to kill the weeds

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Clear water = 0 catfish.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    what are all the fish doing lately?

Breathing a sigh of relief as they dont have to worry about me once hunting season kicks in. But behold, my wife is out with family on saturday and I get out of work with a little sun left in the sky so Im going trout fishing locally. I need the gas for hunting.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    What are all the fish up to?

I am going to go out on a limb and say that, they are most likely in water over their heads, LOL!!!

8. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Definetly the ones over 6lbs.lol

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Hum, maybe they have gone into hiding :lol:

10. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    That's why they call it fishing and not catching. Sudden change in temps always slows the bite for me.

11. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    i put in several hours of fishin over the last few days and it has been slow to say the least.

Yesterday was a great day to be on the water though...kinda like a fresh spring day.

cyas
    rc

12. onemorecast

onemorecast New Member

State:
    Moore, Oklahoma
    If it was easy to do we wouldn't have this web site. Maybe the cats are onto us and have the internet now and know what we are doing. But I think its like my dad always says, "Fish can't read, so they dont know where they are suppose to be." Oh, so true.