What am i getting in my cast net.

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by J. Percy Priest, Nov 30, 2008.

1. J. Percy Priest

J. Percy Priest New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    Well we started fishing last summer. And we just moved to TN from California so i need to learn the new fish here. Especially the ones i catch in a cast net so i dont get in trouble.

I call it a baby musky. It is about 4 inches long catch em at percy priest. brown with black stripes vertical and the skin is very rough. With a mean look on its face.

i call them Skipjack catch them in Kentucky lake, between 3-12 inches. Silver bellies w/ greenish black color in the middle and lighter in the top

i call them shad. They are small 1-3 inches catch them almost everywhere, All silver with black near the fins and above the eye.

Largemouth bass i know that one for sure.

Bluegill/sunfish i know them

Striper/hybrid/white bass i always get them mixed up so i throw them all back.

Crappie i know them.

some type of carp. Caught a pair of them this summer they were all silver no spikes and nothing that could poke my like all the other fish.. their scales come off easy.

Another fish i have no idea what they are. they are brownish color with bright bright orange colors on its belly and bottom fins.

Any Help? Thanks!

2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.

3. J. Percy Priest

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    Thanks that did help, the fish i was catching with the orange on its fins looked the closest to the yellow perch. Still having trouble with the thing i keep calling skipjacks leme go grab my camera and take a pic

oh look and you live in murray kentucky.. my grandpa lives up there right next to the kentucky lake marina and the hotel. you will probably know the fish i am about to take a picture of then.:smile2:

4. J. Percy Priest

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    ok here they are, next time i catch the orange fish and the brown vertical striped one i will take a picture.. cause i didnt see the brown one at all on that fish id page. the small one in the background is that color because it is rotting it is normally a blackish green color with a silver belly

Attached Files:

5. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    welcome to the boc and yes buddy you have skip jack keep and freeze all you can catch you will need them one day

6. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    the ones you call baby musky sounds like a log perch.
    chip