WHAT ALL IS GOING TO BE ON THE TABLE AT THANKSGIVING!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    So everyone is differnt and some people are traditional and have the turkey, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce that is associated with thanksgiving. but what is it you and your family have to eat and do on thanksgiving? what is it that may make you normal or maybe set you apart?

At our house we get together at the grandparents house and watch football and bs while the women cook and do their own brand of BS. On the table we have turkey, ham, stuffing, gravy, Oyster stuffing, cranberry salad, mashed taters and veggies. when i was in college i didnt get to come home for thanksgiving and turkey wasn't our favorite to cook so we did deer steak and taters.

what about you all??

2. festus

festus New Member

I'm not sure yet, Jeremy. My girlfriend and I are furnishing the turkey. We're taking it to her son's house about an hour away. I hope they have ham, too! I don't care much for turkey, myself. Hopefully mashed potatoes, peas, stuffing, and cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. And we're also furnishing the wine. German white wine. Dexheimer Doktor Spatlese, Zeller Schwarze Katz, and Piesporter Michelsberg. And the host of the event make his own homemade beer. He has a new batch on tap at the bar. :roll_eyes:

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I don,t know yet ,we are meeting the in laws at a buffet in myrtle bch s.c

4. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    should be a wide selection then....

5. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Well Jeremy, we had our gathering this past Saturday (21st). We expected 15, actual count was 21. It was a great time, everyone was in great spirits and the food was wonderful and plentiful. What was on our buffet:

Turkey
    Chicken/Squirrel Stuffing (1 dish w/o onions and peppers & 1 dish loaded with goodies)
    Giblet Gravy
    Baked Sweet Potatoes
    Boiled Cabbage
    Creamed Potatoes
    English Peas
    Baked Beans
    Rolls
    Homemade Macaroni and Cheese (standard kind)
    Macaroni and Cheese Casserole (with pie style crusty top)
    Slaw
    Deviled Eggs

Chocolate Dream Cake
    White Cake w/Strawberry Frosting (for daughters 17th birthday)
    Pecan Pie
    Honeybun Cake
    Ladyfinger Cookies
    Pumpkin Pie

Sweet Tea
    Unsweet Tea
    Coffee
    Assorted Sodas

I hope I didn't leave anything out.:roll_eyes: LOL. Sure was good and as always there were leftovers that kept me from cookin for the next day or so. Thank goodness. :big_smile:

Here's hoping those who haven't had their gathering already has a great one that is happy and healthy, enjoyable and memorable.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I will be flying the friendly skies for the next 6 days taken everyone to there friends and loved ones. Kind of a bummer but someones got to do it lol here's to a wonderfull and joyous Thanksgiving Holiday to all the BOC families.

7. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    punkin i think i left out the homemade mac and cheese and dessert. we always have pumpkin pie and strawberry pie.

thanks for giving everyone a ride NANNER, lots of us have to travel on days like that and forget about the people that sacrifice their day to help us out.

8. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well looks like it will be Sardines and Soda Crackers topped off with a can of pork and beans for me. Unless I get out of the dog house. :big_smile_2:
    But if i can whisper enough "Sweet Nothings" , it will be turkey, ham, chicken and dumplings, fried oysters, mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potato cassorole, pie, and a chocolate topped desert she makes. Hopefully will be about 20-25 kids, grand kids, in laws, out laws and the good lord only knows who else here for dinner.

9. festus

festus New Member

Sardines and crackers are good eats. And I'd much rather have MD 20/20 and potted meat than Champagne and caviar.

10. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    LOL, same here.Well Boones Farm :haha:

11. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, when I splurge, it's Underwood Deviled Ham and Franzia Chablis in a box.:roll_eyes:

12. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nothing wrong with MD 20 20,, their grape is good,, tastes like a red wine should,,,, you can tell I have class.

Sardines are not bad either, but on Thanksgiving one should splurge on Kipper snacks and Club crackers.

My wife and I are going to a Buffet ,,,

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm not sure if this will be all ,Cause my wife gets a little out there when it comes to things like this.

Smoked,brined turkey
    oyster dressing
    cornbread dressing
    turkey gravy
    giblet gravy
    mashed potatos
    pickle tray with assorted goodies
    cranberry sauce
    hot rolls

I think she's gonna make an assortment of pies I aint a sweet eater so I usually eat till I'm full,and I'm done. Might have a beer for dessert.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just wife and myself. It will last us couple days.

Baked turkey breast
    Cornbread dressing.. (no stuffing)
    Turkey gravy
    Mashed potatoes
    Deviled eggs
    Green beans
    Home made cranberry sauce
    Banana layer cake with caramel frosting
    Diet Coke :wink:

15. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I usually pit cook a turkey for Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas. Dig a 4 foot deep hole in the ground and burn hedgewood til I got a 2 1/2 foot deep bed of coals, slather butter all over a turkey, add a few other things, wrap it in about 5 layers of foil and pitch it in the hole and cover it up with dirt. Dig it up 5-6 hrs later and you don't have to carve it because it literally falls apart when you dump it in the pan. Only problem is you have to start about noon the day before if you wanna do it right. Don't have enough time this year so it's pheasant and quail nuggets and chili made with deer and wild hog meat. Not sure what everyone else is bringing but I'm sure there's gonna be some fried okra, squash, and cornbread involved.