what abu 7000 series reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by fishinfreak19D, Dec 13, 2009.

1. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    pardon my ignorance on the subject, ive always used the smaller abu's and loved em, i wanna get a 7000 series, but i dont know what one to get, i have no clue the differences between the pro rocket or the c3 or what not, but i cant get to check em out in person seein as im in iraq right now, but im on a quest for the ultimate combo to have for when i get home, what model do you all suggest, im also told they dont all have clickers, thats a must, all input is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I have a 7000i and a 7000ic3...And my friend has the pro rocket...I dont like the rockets as much as the c3...The c3 to me is more heavy duty and reliable...IM fishing the MIssouri river so i need big heavy duty reels!!

3. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    yeah I agree, I have the 7000i and it doesnt impress me as much as the 7000C3 or 7000HSN, havent used the pro rocket so I wont comment

4. moav81

moav81 New Member

State:
    KC, MO
    I have heard of guys upgrading the bushing to bearings in the 7000i's. How does one go about this to upgrade this reel? Is there a special kind of bearing to buy for them and is it difficult to upgrade them? I own the 7000c3i and love every thing about it except for the price on them. I would love to get away with buying a 7000i and upgrading it if possible to the level of performance of the 7000c3i if it is possible and cost effective. Any links or tips would be a great help. Help us hot rod these things :big_smile:

5. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    get yourself a 7000 big game will handle any cat out there and cast real nice

Attached Files:

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Good advice right there, Dale..:wink:

C3's hard to beat, easy to use!! Capable of the work they're for!!:big_smile:

I have several of those, as well as the iC3's. And, I really enjoy using those also!!

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Those 7000 ABU are really heavy.

Go with the Big Game, Pro Rocket, or Blue Yonder!

8. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'd vote for any of the above!

The 7000i is not made in sweden, comparable in quality to a 6xxx BCX

9. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I think after reading the posts here I will be getting a 7000 big game in the near future, thanks for the info brothers.

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    You'll love it Steve,, either the Big Game model ,or the iC3.. Studhorses!!!:big_smile:

11. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I have the both the 7000C3 witch is on longer made and the 7000ics pro rocket and like the rocket. And my dealer the rocket is the same price as the iC3. But if you are fishing for trophy cats the 7000 is a hard reel to beat for the money in any model.

12. bobbybobber

bobbybobber New Member

State:
    wv
    i have 2 7000hsn big game,got them last year put them on uglystick tiger med/heavy rods they are the easiest baitcaster i have ever used and boy are they smooth

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    if you can find a 7000c4ld i hear they the bomb:cool2: