What about this rain?

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by Carl McWhorter, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Carl McWhorter

Carl McWhorter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I AM new to all this and was just wondering what all this rain will do to my trip on the James Friday night. Other than the debries in the river, will the cats still be biting.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

First let me say welcome to the BOC there are a lot of people with a lot of information on this site I learn something new almost everday here. As for cat's they'll be there look for spots where the water current isn't as fast as the main channel. Some of these spots will be around riprap close to the bank fish both side of this and some will be on curves in the river. even small coves are slight curves will be good. basically anywhere the water isn't running as hard. I hope this helps get you started and I know others will help out also.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC brother, always great to have another new member.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    First of all, what part of the James will you be fishing? The upper part is almost back to normal 24 hours after the rain stops. Then like Laidback said, look for places that are sheltered a bit from the current. Places where drift wood tends to pile up in eddy's, the downstream side of boulders, up into creeks a bit and the downstream ends of islands.

5. Carl McWhorter

Carl McWhorter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm putting in around Hopewell.