What about the race?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by smokey, Aug 26, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, what did Y'all think? I liked the 3 wide racing,But I didnt see one fight,no temper trantrums. It was kinda like watching paint dry.Now I have never been the guy that goes to the races for the wecks, But this was Bristol!! I want to see wrecks, fights, and drivers whining about how dirty so and someone "cut me off just when I was going to win"Perhaps they will bring softer tires next year. smokey

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I thought it was probably the best race that I had ever seen at Bristol,just because there weren't so many wrecks,and caution flags. If I want to see cars wrecking all over the place I'll go to a demolition derby. When I pay my money to see a race I want to see a good race,like last night's race was. Two and three wide racing at Bristol,it doesn't get much better than that.

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    just got back from bristol race one of the worst races iv been to with every thing that nascar is doing to the drivers they cant loses there cool an fight an do there hit an runs like they did befor as fare as i can see that will be my last race that i go to as far as for the track it looks good 2 an 3 wide racen on a 1/2 mile track it gets good if nascar will let them be that track has got to have some grip on the top of it to get tony stewart off the bottom of the race track an run the top

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    In my opinion it was nice to see multi groove racing at Bristol! It has been the same old song n dance at this track fore a long time. I thought it was cool to see 3 wide (ain't that what racing is supposed to be?). :crazy:

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Bristol is about the contact. Its also a notorious points shaker.
    They ruined Bristol without a doubt by trying and succeeding in making it yet another cookie cutter track with a new twist in size.
    Yet another race I can strike off my must watch list. Its a short list getting shorter.

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I agree,when the most exciting part of the race is watching Mikey try and knock the flapping sheet metal off of the 24 what can you say.I did like the new track and the 3 wide racing but Bristol had charactor.Over 120 laps before a caution, hmmmmn.Not very Bristol like.I think NASCAR has made everything plain vanilla,from the COT to disciplining the drivers all the time ,to penalizing the crews for being a little "Innovative" with their setups.Some things are good as they are and Bristol is one of them.Jr should have bumped Busch out of the way instead of letting him finish 6th right behind him.:smile2::crazy:Bring back Jimmy Spencer!!!!!!!!Bristol should be the one track where you save it all up for those times you got nailed by somebody else.Gordon shouldnt have pushed Kennseth but told him
    "See ya at Bristol" Same thing Harvick and Montoya!Leave us real old time fans something to watch instead of cookies being cut as Mark said.Not every track but Bristol should be Bristol.If I were a driver I would have a grease pencil list of car numbers on the windshield that I "owed" something to.Maybe a crosshair also :smile2::eek:oooh::big_smile::crazy:

7. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    I agree that the 3-wide racing was cool to see at Bristol, but I also agree that it took the trill of Bristol away. That is why I am slowly converting to watching craftsman trunk racing. They still know how to bump and rub for the win.........well, for now anyway!

8. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    No more STOMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fantastic race! As an old racer (OLD) it is about the driver, car and crew. Yes we now have a new Bristle but on the old track you couldn't pass and track position was everything and you had to bump to get by and with the new track you can race. Anyone (#24) can bump you out of the way but it takes a driver and his crew to be a winner.
    Some people go to the races to see wrecks and fights. I go to see driving and passing and teamwork.
    I couldn't believe some of the moves made on that track. Unbelieveable!!! Skill of some of these drivers was worth the price of a ticket!

Sorry for those of you that only go or watch because of the wrecks and fights. For those of us that love RACEING we were treated to one of this years best.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I agree with your post totally except the part about #24. What's the matter,don't like a winner?lol

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I've been to enough races and seen enough races to know that from a fan standpoint wrecks, bumping and grinding, red flags, crew squabbles, and driver tempers have made the races worth watching and worth forking out hard earned in cash to see in the past.
    Each thing listed above can change the playing field in the course of race several times just like an a star NBA center getting benched in a game, A quarterback getting his clocked rewound, or a baseball manager getting ejected from a park.

From a driver standpoint, I could care less. They chose the career and are well payed.

Saturday night's race had about the same entertainment value as looking at a phone and waiting for it to ring.

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    This was only the first race after the newly configured Bristol. Most all the drivers were skeptical about the racing grooves and passing. Now they know what to expect and have new notes on how to set the cars up for Bristol. The drivers will get more brave and I bet the next one will have plenty of cautions and bent sheet metal.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i sure hope so. i agree that as far as i can tell as of yet bristol is gone. that race was like watching the first 200 laps of daytona. they said they changed it but they didnt move it. i dissagree. they might as well have put it in maine.

i aint saying i like to just see wrecks but contact, bumps, and sheet metal being moved,and flying is a part of it. if they make all races caution and wreck free my list will be to see no races.

there was a caution free race at michigan years ago. it sucked for excitement. and jarrett won it and i was a die hard jarrett fan. and as for bristol im an edwards fan now since two seasons ago when i heard jarrett was switching to toyota. and carl won. still sucked for bristol.

99 GO CARL 99

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i guess in short what im saying is some tracks have a personality. bristol just lost hers. maybe shell get a better one. but in my opinion so far she lost it.