What about some saltwater fishing rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by basstracker, Dec 8, 2008.

1. basstracker

basstracker New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I can get a good deal on 6 saltwater rods that was used for bottom fishing for snapper and grouper. 4 penns and 2 shakespears,50 bucks for them all.

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I would go for it!

3. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    jump on that offer. those rods equal a lot more than 50 bucks. saltwater rods are good catfish river rods considering theres not a big selection of species specific catfish tackle.

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I build saltwater Blanks just for Big cats, and the small ones too:smile2:

Just put the rear handle on a 7'10' ,25-45# , 3-8oz Swimbait blank.
    be putting the seat and foregrip on tomorrow. I thought I'd be wrapping by thursday,but I have to order a different type/set of guides for it.Next week sometime though.:wink:

I would jump all over them Pens for that price.You can sell 2 of them and double your $$ and still have a set-up LOL.:cool2:

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    go for it well worth it my fave rod is a old ocean master that i got for 10 bucks worth every penny

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'd jump on that like a cat on a june bug! If the rods are the shorter type, they won't be much good for casting any distance, but they should work ok when fishing from a boat. I've got several saltwater rods that I use that way; and if they're the longer type, they should be good for most of your all-around type catfishing. I've got a couple like that, one of which used to be my favorite till I got a Quantum BigCat. Some Penn reels cast poorly, some fair, and some very well. Again, you can use them as the situation permits. I've got several that I use for catfishing; but my 4/0 Senators sit on the shelf.

7. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    DO IT, DO IT,DO IT!