What about Daiwa

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Alsey, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've got 4 Abu's ranging from 5500 - 7000. They are great reels.
    I just got a Daiwa Sealine Series SH-47. It's about the same size as the Abu 7000 but has a retrieve ratio of 5.1:1. Man does that thing cast. I bank fish and casting distance is a big deal to me. The Daiwa outdistances and Abu 7000 by about 20% on a 10 foot rod. The best part about the Daiwa is when you do pull off a very long cast, with that retrieve ratio you get the line in alot faster.

Anyways for those interested, Google it. Again it's the Daiwa SH 47. It's a light saltwater reel with levelwind. Costs a little less that the Abu 7000. It's good looking too if that matters.

2. Whiskers4life

Whiskers4life New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey Alsey, I just recently bought a daiwa Millionaire S300....And that hold 190 yards of 20 Pound test, And that too casts very smooth, its has the super speed shaft, and I believe that is what you're talking about....I like it better then my abu 6500, and not to mention, it does reel in a lot faster....

3. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I've already got a daiwa spinning reel that works well. I am looking to buy some new baitcasters for when I start pursuing bigger fish. I was thinking about getting an abu garcia, but I haven't seen these before. Do these reels have baitclickers?

4. bluegillking

bluegillking New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Texas
    Abu Garcias size 6000 and up have bait clickers. Abus are good and Daiwas are great too. I use both.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use to daiwas but they are not good as Abu's.

6. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    The daiwa SH line is built for saltwater from what i have read. I do know that they are good reels and I have had a couple myself. They will hold up nicely and cast great I just love my penns.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Daiwas are great reels but like Gator I just love my PENNs

8. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I have 3 Daiwa Millionairres and 3 Team Daiwa spinning reels, and I love all of them. They all cast great and are very smooth. The Millionairres and one of the Team Daiwas I use for Bass and wiper fishing...the other 2 TD's I use for crappie, trout, walleye, whitebass, and sometimes catfish. I use my Ambassadeurs and Penns for the bulk of my catfishing.