What about cheese bait?

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by FlashGordon, Jul 24, 2007.

1. FlashGordon

FlashGordon New Member

State:
    Texas
    I see cheese bait on the internet and was wondering if it was any good? I looked up some recipes last week and judging from the variety decided it didn't really matter what you mixed up so mix up I did! Basically, made a nacho cheese dip with extra garlic and onion powder. I had cut up some sponges and put them on treble hooks, then poured the hot cheese dip over this and mashed them around to soak it in. Mixed in real good.
    Caught one cat on 15 hooks:cool2:. But liver didn't work either so guess the cats just weren't biting that nite.
    Next day I was cleaning up and the cheese still permeated the sponges so at least I have something that stays on the hook. Any ideas?

2. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    The two basic ingerdents are cheese and hog brains and a binder such as corn meal,flour, or corn starch.From there on it's a case of what ever strike your fancy.
    Loop

3. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have blended chicken livers up and mixed it with cheese. Then added some cattail fuzz and some quick oats to make it more like a dough bait and have had decent succes with this method.