What about Brookville

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by field989, May 14, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i have heard it is a good catfish spot and have cought a few(small) channels from there

2. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats all i have ever caught out of there. the biggest has been around five lbs. i know there has to be big ones in there, just have to find them. thats the place to go though if you want to catch a limit and put in the freezer or the fryer

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yeah, ive read that there are a ton a catfish in there but i was wondering if any1 had any experience catching some biggins

THANKS

4. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish it all the time and there are some real hogs, U will not catch them every night though. If anyone ever wants to go just PM me and we will get the boat out and let u just see for your self why I believe this is the best LAKE in the state. If u want numbers and if u want biggones we can do that as well. Now is the time to catch some nice ones. I caught 2 earlier this week over 15#s. There are some big flats in here as well just havn't fished for them much in the last 2 years. I only live about a mile and a half from it. Fish it on average of 3-4days a week, and hardly ever catch less than ten and the smallest are genarally in the 3 pound range. A friend of mine caught a 32 pound channel last year and we have caught a bunch in the 20 pound range. The blues are in here as well. Like I said anyone who wants to go just hit me up. I will put you on FISH.

5. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fished last night in several different spots. Only caught 4 small cats. Fished three times last fall didn't have much luck. Seems all the spots that used to produce for me doesn't work any more. Could use some help.
    Steve

6. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Okay, Our next gathering is sceduled for the 22nd of June I beleive,and since our last one was kind of a dud (the fishing part) I think we should take Skippies advice and give Brookville a try. What do you guys think?

7. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    June 23rd, I dont think we want to do it on a Thursday.

8. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok im goin to brookville this weekend, any necessities i should bring, bait wise? i was thinking of curing up some livers with anise and garlic and salt, then maybe try some cut bait or whole gills,

thanks jeff

9. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Get a cast net live shad a legal to use on brookville as bait.

10. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    oh i forgot to put that up there i was gonna use them too

11. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    pm me and we will go

12. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I wonder about the gatherng for the 6/23 at brookville, is it on or canceled for lack of interest?

13. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Havent heard much leonard so not really sure, but you can pm and we will go there or to the ohio river anytime. Everybody seems to have lost interest.

14. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I went to brookville Res. last night. caugt 1 channel 3lb12oz. 4or 5 good runs bu just i hookup. the stipers were hitting the top all around us. they wouldn't take a bait either artifisal or live shad under a float. we put in at the dam but never went north of that pool. it was nice to finally catch somethng with my new glowstick and mitchell full runner 600electronic reel.the beeps and lights are great to have as alarms. The lack of bugs was nice and the weather was great. It would ae been a super time for a gathering.

15. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fished Brookville last night, for the first time. It was a little slow but between the two of us we got 14 eaters. They were biting kind of light. Didn't any sign of big ones but they tell me their in there. I could do without the zebra mussels, however. I think I lost more bait to them than to the fish.

16. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Any one who wants to go to brookville any time just let me know and I will take you. Just pm me.

17. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Did you happen to fish the acats tournemant up there Was just wondering I was going to fish it but was at Cumberland for a family reunion. Just wandering wat the winning wait was. Thanks

18. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No I didn't make it to that, actually last Friday night was the first time I've been to Brookville. I've only lived around here for a few years, and have just started getting back into catfishing again. Can't believe how much fun I've been missing.