What a Week

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SHARON FLEMING, Jun 23, 2007.

1. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    It started out on wed and went downhill from there. :angry: Wed. afternoon we decided to drive out to our grandaughters acreage and see our great grand
    daughter. Was gone about 2 1/2 hrs and when we returned home George said I hear water running..It sounded like it was coming from the bathroom and sure enough when we checked it out the floor was covered in water (thank goodness it was from the tank and not the stool) We went to the basement to get mops and towels to clean it up and as soon as we hit the stairs we could see water in our family room, went into Georges work room and more water there,the laundry room floor was covered in water and when we went into the furnace room water was leaking from the floor and around the pipes coming fromthe bathroom. It was in the duct work and coming down some of the walls, of course the first thing we thought of was to get the water cleaned up, after we worked at it for 2 hrs I thought I wonder if insurance will cover this, called the insurance company and sure enough it was covered, The next moring they sent a company called Pro Serv and they finished cleaning it up and tore down the wet dry wall and put industial size fans and dehumidifers in the bath room and all over the basement. that took care of most of the day Wed. and Thurs morning George got up at 4:00 am and went to the river to check on his garden and sure enough here he comes home with green beans to can. I canned 11 quarts of green beans in all that mess. We will have fans runing all weekend to dry the basement out.
    I feel guilty complaing because I know other people have a lot worse trouble than we have had for 4 days..But dang it I had to gripe to some one and guess you were the lucky ones.LOL:wink:

Oh yeah and it was runing down the sides of our electric furnace and hot water heater, we had just installed them one month ago, some one was watching over us because when the furnace guycame down to check it out it was dry on the inside and good to go.:big_smile:

Thank you for letting me get the griping out of my system
    I need a beer and I don't even drink, but I bet George will drink my share LOL
    Sharon

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Woooeeeee, I hope it ain't contagious.. We've had a smaller version here...:eek:oooh:

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Life always has a way of throwing us a curve ball once in a while just to keep us on our toes. Sounds like you guys got through it in good shape.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Gosh Darnit Sharon I'm sorry to hear that,If there is anything You need or any help just Hollar and I'll be there OK. Your Friend. J.D.