What a waste...

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by tackleholic, Jul 19, 2009.

1. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    ....of fish! :confused2: I drove to The Falls last night to meet someone who supposely wanted to go fishing. He never showed up which means that our friend "TIF", (the imaginery friend) has struck again! :crazy: After waiting more than 1 1/2 hrs I started to walk around & talked to other fishermen. We found 6 fish up on the rocks, dead of course & sickening to my stomach. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    owell they look like drum anyway:smile2:

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    cutbait!!!

4. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i throw drum on the bank too.

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    yeah like shane said cuibait

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Waste not, want not. Cut and freeze-never know when it might come in handy. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!

7. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I do like the ideal of cutbait or throwbacks!:roll_eyes:

8. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Yea, I dont like the idea of killing or wasting. I will use a fish for bait, but wont just leave it to die cause I dont think they are worthy.

9. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    I was always under the impression drum was good eats, tho I have never eaten one.

10. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ya, I'd definately cut those suckers up! At least just cut them in half and chum your hole a little bit!

11. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well here lately cutbait and small sunfish seem to be the meal of choice for the flatties

12. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just recently ate a few drum and I was pleasantly surprised. Very mild taste & a slightly soft texture. One of the better fish I have eaten though. I don't believe in killing something for no reason, that's just not natures way. Throw it back, eat it, or use it for bait but don't kill just to kill....

13. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    it only drum and its good cut bait

14. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Try it, you'll like it! :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :sad2: :cool2: :wink: :big_smile:

15. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I also agree on the fish being Drum!! It could be a scenario of these fish dying because of the warm water conditions and the water turning over and lack of oxygen in the water where they reside. Maybe the culprit removed the fish from the water and threw them on the bank!? The lake I fish frequently, suffers from a Drum kill every year at this time. Literally hundreds and even thousands of drum die every year, because of the water conditions. Heck yeah, use them for bait if they don't smell so rank. I caught my PB Walleye of 5.5lbs. on cutbait Drum!!:big_smile: Afew years back, Johnson Lake in Nebraska had a major Drum kill. I couldn't begin to tell how many 5 gal. buckets full of Drum I hauled out and had taken to the country road ditch and disposed of. Yes! They smelled awful!! Whew!!:tounge_out:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  16. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Why?:confused2:

17. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Hey Matt, where you at?

Lol...

What area, anywhere near the Wabash?

18. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, up here where its skinny water...

19. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I now have someone at home (the woman) telling me where I should fish (and I dont mind, cause that means she wants me to fish!). She scouts this website during the day telling me where people are catching fish! She said, we are going here... I guess I should start researching the Wabash huh?

Lol

20. joshmorgan

joshmorgan New Member

State:
    columbia, MS
    Couln't tell if there where any holes in them but they might of been left there by people Bowfishing. My brother introduced me to bowfishin in the Little Warrior river in north AL, and they always keep the fish to take a pic, and through the dead fish back in the water after the pic. Seems the catfishin has got a lot better in that little stretch past where we dump the fish.