What a shame

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by DIESELkat, Jan 18, 2009.

1. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Hey guys, check out the thread I posted in the Deer Hunting section of the 22 point that was killed near my place last week. Such a shame this guy didnt make it to next year, imagine what he would have looked like then!

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :crazy: That was a monster! I think I would of crapped my drawers had I seen that brute from a treestand! :roll_eyes: It is real sad it got hit by a truck! :sad2:

3. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    THAT WAS A HUGE BUCK, SAD IT GOT HIT ON THE ROAD

4. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    My buddy said it was the buck he saw twice in archery season. He also saw it in rifle season but he was already tagged out:confused2:. It was hunted for pretty hard in muzzleloader too but wasnt seen at all. Where it was hit was right where it had been seen all year. This buck was a pine tree buck for most of his life.

This is the 2nd buck over 20 points to come from this area. A few miles from my house, on a property that I hunt alot, there was a 24 point MONSTER taken about 7 years ago. I jumped him squirrel hunting in October and saw him during archery but he was chasing a doe and wouldnt stop. The first morning of rifle season he walked plain as day across the top of the hollow that I was in, but he was skylined and there was a treestand just on the other side of the hill. The buck eventually went to the next property and was shot by a guy who didnt even have a liscense and was on revocation for being a convicted felon. I was sick to my stomach for a long time on that one. Last I heard, it was getting mounted and would be on display at a PGC office somewhere. If I can track it down, Ill try to post some pics of it too.

There are definately some good ones around here. Actually Scott, I think this one is related to the one you saw on your way to work headin toward my place. I think he has a younger brother that he was runnin with in October too.