What a RIVER!!!!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Raven Blayde, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Today, I decided to take a ride out to Carolton to see if I could even find the place (never been there before). I found that it was really easy to get to from here and it only took me about 45 minutes to get there. I came up North 55, took a right at the flashing light and found the boat ramp at the mouth of the Ky River (right across the big blue bridge). I almost had a heart attack when I saw how massive the Ohio River really is up close!!! WOW!!! What a RIVER!!! I walked around the boat ramp for about an hour and talked to an older gentlemen who was bank fishing. Saw a boat or two around the mouth of the Ky at around 1:30-2:00 (probably one of you guys) lol... I'm SO excited about getting down there with my boat now!!! I had no idea it would be that easy to find! When I left my house, I made 3 right turns and that was it!!! :big_smile: Words can't describe how pumped I am about getting back down there. lol.... That river is HUGE!!!

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck bro.

3. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    The Ohio is pretty big and is a great resource. When the fishing slows down though, its means a lot of water to cover and learn lol. its a blast though man, you are gonna love it.

4. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    cant go wrong with the river...it's the only thing that keeps me sane here in KY. I used to think the Ohio was big but then I crossed the Ole Miss...now that is a big river! just be safe and remember she has a temper so dont misbehave out there.:wink:

5. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fish that Great River alot and Yes it's home to alot of people PB's.It can be very dangerous at times and people die in that River.So always pay attention to weather,wind speed,river level, other boats and last but not least keep that LIFE jacket on or close because you never know.I'm sure it wont be long before you put up some pictures of Big fish.:wink:

6. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Welcome to our world bro:wink::wink: Gotta LOVE the OHIO and Good Luck when u start hitting it and like others mentioned just always be safe and smart.

7. ae_ted

ae_ted Guest

enjoy the Ohio. I live right were the Mississippi and Ohio come together in Ballard Co.I only have a 14' Jon boat with a 6hp Johnson and no way will i get out on either river with that rig!!!! Been out on 30' crew boats for Barge companys and that was not big enough at times. Ky and Barkley lakes are huge but dont get as rough as the big rivers do. alwasy be careful even the tug boats around here sink from time to time.