What a nite on the James River

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by BIG GEORGE, Jun 22, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Took advantage of Capt. Hugh's no 20 pounder guarantee. LOL! Spent the nite on the river with batmans sidekick Randy on the quest for the big blues. Capt. Hugh had a crew on his boat and I fished on Randy's boat with him. Again it was an event I soon won't forget. LOL! The fishin sucked but the effort to catch em was first class. We drifted and we anchored. The 2- 20 pound family fish boated were well deserved. LOL! Had a blast! Both boats were in contact with each other all nite. We tossed eel.shad,gills and perch at em. Marked a ton of fish that all had lock jaw. LOL! One thing that did dissapoint me was the fact that I got no "JIGGIN" time in on this trip. LOL! I begged and pleaded for Randy to please let me have a sabiki rig but he would'nt. LOL! So we were stuck fishin for cats. I do know this for a fact. I will be fishin with those boys again! Its a great time. The company is good and I will conquer that river sooner or later. LOL! Heres a couple of pics of the nites take.

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for another great report George! Nice pictures.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds like a good time no reel tossing. :roll_eyes: I would love to fish over there but they might as well be in Russia.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Big George, thats a nice Blue Catfish.

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Great report as usual George. You'll get your James River monster before too long :big_smile:.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thanks for the report and pics George! :big_smile: I think the James will reward you with a hawg sooner or later! :wink:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Its gonna be the later. LOL! Ain't goin back down there till its good and cold! LOL!

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I'm sure you'll master that riversooner or later, sounds like good times fishing with those two guys!!!

9. DaleJrFan2008

DaleJrFan2008 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have never fished the james river but drove by a few times on my way to skyler nebraska to go join the airboat guys for so down home fun...give us a 1inch of water we will find the way!!!!! lmao

10. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    How much does Captain Hugh charge for a night on the river????