What a night!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Gibbzilla, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Me, my dad, and my brother, who has no fishin experience, went out to the lake last night. We fished at a boathouse without much luck for about 3 hours. We got a few small bites but nothin' that could load up. We started bream fishin and were gettin in some monster bream! My dad caught one that weighed in at 1 pound 4 ounces. I'm sure y'all have caught bigger, but that's the biggest we've caught. We then moved over to a dock and caught a couple of small channels, and my brother hooked a monster that was draggin him all over the dock! It ended up getting tangled and we had to cut the line. I was wishin I had hooked him, cause I think I coulda got him in. We were about to leave, and started packing up, when I put one of the large bream we had caught on my hook, and got a monster hit! I was reeling him in perfectly, until I got him about 2 feet from the dock and the hook came out! The bites weren't that great, but we still had a blast talkin, and sittin out in the moonlight by ourselves. I'm seriously hopin we'll get to go out again tonight, because that was the most fun fishin night I've ever had.

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    great story thanks for sharing some nights are better than other some of my best night i didnt catch that many fish just being with the right people helps the night go great

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Good story, Adrian. Maybe next time you'll land him; glad you had fun with your dad and brother, though. You guys are making lots of memories, isn't that cool:cool2:?

4. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Good story it is nice to spend time fishing a a family!

5. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    We went out again tonight, but I was the only one catfishing. I caught two small bullheads and some large bream. I got some more monster hits but I just can't seem to set the hook! I also got 4 turtles :crazy: . We got a lot of good bream again, and we just got through eatin em. Once you pick through the bones it's good eatin.

6. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If your getting alot of hits and not hooking anything theres a chance its gar. This time of the year our lakes go beserk with gar. Theres soooo many running in the feeder creek you can snag them almost every cast if you try.

7. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Glad yall had fun. Maybe you can get that monster next time.

8. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    sounds like you had a great time. its not the size of the fish you catch its who you catch it with that matters the most.

9. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Sounds like a good time to me. Have many more.