What a night on the Ohio river

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by billcatfish, Sep 13, 2008.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    it all started with a call to Biga gave him a call seeing if he wonted to hit the river for a night of fishing got to the around 7:300 started looking for some fresh bait boated about 6 or 8 nice mooneyes headed up river to the first spot after 2 min. on the first drift we boated the first fish an about 3 min. after putting the fish back in the water here comes the rain we heded back to the dock to wait out the rain about an hour of setting around tit all cleared up by that time a few friends pulled to fish with us headed back out to the same hole put on a new drift there with know fish we loaded up an went down to a new hole an tryed an new hole that a friend had told us about could not find it so we pulled back out an went to the deepest hole that i know of around were we were an there were the fish we fished from about 10 till 3:00 an we boated 26 fish last night to this day was the best night on the water that iv every had there were no big fish but alot of them the bigest fish went 21lb but with catching fish like that its a blast

Attached Files:

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    here is one more

Attached Files:

3. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    nice fish! sounds like you all had a great time! :smile2:

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man that sounds like an awesome night out on the water. Great catch! way to go!

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    it was a great night for sure!!! well over 250#s of fish in 5 hours!!!!! i would still be there if bill had not made me leave :smile2::smile2:. im just glad we decided to wait out the rain and keep fishing because if we had listened to the weather man we would have have called it a night and never caught those fish..

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Guys for sharing your fishing trip and pics. Looks like a great time. Congrats and thanks.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Good to hear they're biting, thinking about going out in the morning from the Henderson ramp

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    look for the deep water walt... we never caught a fish in the shallow water 40+ is were they were.

9. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I've had some wonderful dreams of catching
    so many fish but really...... Good Job!

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ya gotta love the Ohio.... nice fish guys.

11. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Awsome fish guys... Cant wait till I can get down there and hang out with you all again and boat some of those monster blues.. We just wont tell Winston...... We cant be letting him keep catching PB Blues out of there:smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Thats a hell of a night. Makes up for all the times we get skunked. I was going over the henderson bridge friday evening and seen a few guys drift fishing. Really made me want to get out there.

13. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    wow!! he is alive!! whats been going on brent

14. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    DUDE!!!!!!!!!! Where did you come from?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sounds like a great nite fellas!

hey guys hope to see youall at the henderson tourny in 2 weeks be sure to look me up!

16. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i should be there for the weigh in both days.. i may even fish friday just so i can see how much weight i could have pulled if i had got off my butt and qualified for the big show..:smile2: see ya then steve!!

17. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Sounds like fun. I went out on the ohio tonight, 15th, and caught 5 small ones in Evansville in about 4 1/2 hours. Fishing for flats but with no luck.

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Maybe it was a planet alignment kinda thing... I didnt get not one single flattie bite in 8 hours and I fished HARD tryin' to pick one up!... no wait, take that back,,, I did get one,(my bad) but it was such a dink, I think it was my PB dink now that I think about it!

19. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats great to hear guys, congrats!!!! fall feed bags are officially on brothers, so get to it everyone.

20. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like a great night for you and BigA! I cant wait to get back down to see ya all and drift some cats. It shouldnt be too long, I'm hopin for sometime in October.