What a night (5 hours)

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Wil, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya just got back from fishin, we started at around 7:30 and right off the bat we caught 2 nice fish, we threw one back cuz we had to cut it open to get the hook out and it died anyways, then we went inside and ate, then we came back out and nothin happened till my pole went flyin into the water(darn turtles), we started draggin for that and gave up and started to fish again, then my buddy snags onto somethin and guess what it is MY POLE!!!, but the line was snapped. so i rigged it back up and casted it out, then i latched onto this monster cat, big enough to snap 20 pound spiderwire.. (rrr) so i rigged again and casted out and caught a 4 pounder, then my buddy found this hole and caught 2 of the three, then i caught one more ending our night with 5 but we threw one back on accident before takin pics. o well it was little one anyways at 2 pounds, the biggest of the night that we caught was 4 pounds but the one i lost was by far the biggest i could hardly reel cuz it was pullin so hard, then when the line snapped i practically flew backwards!. it was big. the smallest one was 2 pounds though so it was an awsome night.
    the podunk kid was my fishin buddy for this evening and hes new hear so make him feel at home and stuff and show him what catfishin is all about!!
    ill post pics in the morning of the fish by the way

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Congrats On The Catch & Glad You Got Your R&R Back. That's what Makes It all So Fun, Can't Wait To See The Pics, Elliot:big_smile:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats on the catch Wil! Glad you got your pole back! Welcome to the podunk kid:0a25:

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on a nice night of fishing.

5. kccatman

kccatman New Member

State:
    kansas
    apparently u did have a good night . and then got your rod and reel back cool

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    here are the pics, the first one ,the podunk kid, the second one is me then the third one is jsut the fish cuz u couldnt see them all in the pics with us in them

7. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    looks like you caught enough to fry up, good job:cool2:

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice pics. Welcome podunk. Check your drag most peope set drag to tight. as the spool unwinds more tension is put on the drag. the time we find out is on a trophy and then its too late. sorry to here about the big one.

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya.. tell me about it.. now i know that :cry:

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Nice catch Wil. Where at in Nebraska are you from? Myself and TA2D are from Auburn, NE in the southeastern corner.

SudDawg

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i know exactly where auburn is, my aunt lives there. i live in minden, like 30 minutes south of kearney.

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Like Leonard said - check your drag on every reel each time you go out. It really sucks to lose them big ones :crazy:

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    well heres the deal see, i've always kept my drag really tight cuz there wasn't a fish that could break my line... until now! DUN DUN DUNNN! i've learned my lesson:roll_eyes:

14. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats wil, nice cats.

15. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Congrats on a good night of fishing. Next time spool up with 30lb test and don't try and force anything with him, let him run some, unless there's a lot of cover there, then you have to do some forcing with him. I would try that spot again here soon if I was you and see if you can't get that bad boy back.

16. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Looks like you guys had a great night! :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:. You can eliminate gut hooking if you use some circle or khale hooks. Remeber to set the drag ;)

Welcome podunk kid whenever you show up!

Josh

17. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i tried circle and hahle but it just did not hold the livers, idk if it was the hooks i was usin or if it was just that i didnt bait it right but it was not workin right at all

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice lookin cats! And you got your rod back...a good night indeed!