What a hog!

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, Jun 25, 2008.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    I went out to help put on one of those steel roofs with a group of guys from my church. The man who owned the home fell off a 8' ladder and broke all sorts of bones leaving him unable to finish the roofing job.
    He had a pond that was dug out back in 1952 from a long line of old gravel pits. This had some deep spots of about 20' and rarely got fished. I was givin permission to come out anytime and thats just what I did. My 3yr old daughter was hookin up on some monster gills, 8-12", so I switched my rig to a small hook and bobber. I could see a group of huge gills and started nailing some, biggest gill was nearly 14", looking into state records right now. All of the gills hightailed it out of there and this was why. I caught this bass on a tiny little hook, 4lb berkley vanish line and a microspin rod and reel, talk about a fight man! I'm not sure of it's weight but this largemouth measured out @ 21 and 3/4 inches. I know bigger ones have been caught but this is my personnal best foe a bass................Rick.:cool2::roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    congrats. rep your way. my taxidermy catalogs put that at 5-1/2 to 7 lbs depending on girth. looks more in the 6-7 range to me.

i caught a 20" one in 2005 that went 4-3/4 it was a beauty. released it and got a big fish c&r award from the state ans a pin.

awesome bucket mouth. congrats again.

3. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    thank ya sir! I can't wait to hit that spot again. Owner says that he has seen some that have a good 4-5 inches on the one I caught. He did say that mine was the biggest he's seen caught in a while. I wonder how big bass get in a big enough inviornment.:misdoubt:

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Man that was a hog. :big_smile: Congrats.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That was a hog!!! Congrats and Thanks for sharing!:big_smile:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a very nice fish. Thanks for sharing with us

7. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good catch Rick. That thing is huge!!!!!! :crazy:

8. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to catching another one from that pond of monsters.

9. Migrator83

Migrator83 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Nice Largemouth, looks like you have yourself a gold mine in that pond!!!

10. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    nice lookin hawg