What A Gun!!!!.... It Goin Huntin With Me This Year!!!

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by field989, Jul 25, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok here is some pics of a REALLY fun to shoot gun... has absolutely no kick but packs a whallop

#1 pic is My Marlin 917VS... it has Weaver rings and a Leupold 3x9x40 i wish it had a more powerful scope :(

#2 is a .17HMR compared to a .22LR

#3 is a couple cans i shot at 20 yards

the right one was shot with the V-Max
    and the left one was shot with the 20 Gr XTP which i am goin to bring hunting(less damage and it is more sutable for foxes

got more pics.. lol

Jeff

Attached Files:

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Nice looking outfit.Please keep us informed as you use it and your opinions.Thanks,peewee-williams

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

how do you like that .17? I have been looking at them for some light "varmit" hunting.

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ilove my old modle 60, i think when I can this year iam going to try the 17hmr.

5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    sorry it is takin so long for the pics...

tried it 3 times now so hopefully this works lol

#1 is a can shot with the .17 HMR 20 gr XTP which i am goin to take hunting

#2 this one is a can shot with the .17 HMR V-Max and a new round is sitting in the can

oh i love the gun its a great shooting and fun to shoot gun

i am SUPER GLAD I BOUGHT IT
    cant wait till squirrel season
    its gonna be a blast
    make it more of a challenge..AINT THAT ALWAYS FUN
    but i love the gun its a blast and i would advise Everyone to shoot/get one

but 10 bucks for 50 rounds is a bit much but it is a blast! NO DOUBT
    i know whatever is gonna be on the recieving end of this better watch out!!!!

but i am thinkin of bringin this and a .410 shotgun for close range shots... cause believe me this will skin out a squirrel(the vmaxes will) at any range closer than around 30-40 yards

any more questions ask

also the reason it does so much damage at this range is #1 its goin SUPER fast and #2 the vmax's are made to do that.... EXPLODE

it is super fun though but i would recommend the 20gr rounds for just about anything cause they have alot more penetration and dont do quite as much damage
    but be careful on what u shoot and Where u Shoot It

Jeff

Attached Files:

6. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    if you replace your scope i would recommend a set of leuopold rings. however your scope should be fine.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You are makin me slobber to go out with my own 17 ive got a ruger 77/17 this thing is a real rifle only it had a real STEEP PRICE also but thats life

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I know this is a bit late but. How many times did you have to shoot the can's to make them turn inside out? I have NO idea how many times I have shot cans round after round after more rounds... Never have turned one inside out. just a bunch of little holes... This from 10 yards out to 100 yards. Never did shoot a full can though so maybe that's what you did.

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Id say them critters are in trouble.

10. SuCoTraveler

SuCoTraveler New Member

State:
    Milan Kansas
    Ive shot a .17, they are awsome, has hitting a golf ball down the field at around 80 yds, talk about knocking it down the fairway.:haha:

11. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    The .17s are lethal on coyotes and other smaller vamints.

12. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Nice gun!
    Be careful and enoy it.

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am interested in how you manage to separate the blood,hair and the guts from the meat?I never could with a 300 Weatherby or 22 Hornet without reloading.I believe in eating it if I kill it and some rounds make that hard to do.Being that you cain;t reload it,can you buy rounds that you can hunt with?I am curious as I know nothing about this round.Thanks,I love you brothers and sisters.peewee

14. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    heck just take head shots on squirrels and you will be fine. i have a lot of friends that shoot that .17 HMR for prairie dogs and they are super lethal. i have a feeling one is sneaking towards my gun safe this very moment... the rifle, not the p. dog!

15. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    That is one fine shooting gun I hunt with a buddy that has one just like yours, except he has a little better scope. and I cant believe how far out he can waste them ground squirrels. I shoot a Rugar 10-22 with 3-9 bushnell. Heck I don't stand a chance hunting with him, he can hit them so far out can just barley see them. Thats great gun.