What a Great Weekend!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, May 18, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I Went and spent the weekend with Johnnie and Cass to fish for big blues up at Johnnie's ( poisonpits). We had a fantastic time visiting and just having good ole' fishin fun. We fished our tails off.

It was a pretty good drive of about 4 hrs and soon as I got there we loaded up and went fishing. We fished the rest of the day and then went in and ate and went back out for some nite fishing. It turned off cold the first nite and we froze our butts off but we stuck it out as long as we could and I caught a 8 to 10 lb blue the first nite.

We got up early the next morning and went and had breakfast with Cass then we all headed back to the lake to fish off the Dam. Mrs. B ( Johnnie's wife) went with us and we all had a nice time in the sun. In other words we all got a nice sun burn lol. The winds were kind to us at first but then turned sour. We only caught one small fish that day. We finally called it quits late that evening and went back to Cass's for a fish fry. Mmmmmmmmmmmm was that good.

That evening we went back out on Cass's toon and fished some more. I finally caught a new pb blue on rod and reel of 24lbs ( see my new avatar). That was alot of fun. The nice cat got hung up and I had a little trouble getting him in but finally got him free and brought him on in. Cass got to try our her new weighing net to keep from harming the fish when hanging and then we took the pics and released her.

I had a really good time visiting and fishing with Johnnie and Cass and their significant others. So, I can honestly say that if you ever get invited to go and fish with Johnnie and Cass you better go. You will enjoy yoursefl and you will learn from, in my opinion, one of the best fishermen, that the BOC has in its membership.

Attached Files:

2. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    kev congrats , i guess ill have to get back up that way and out do you :smile2: .They are some really good people , and some life long friends.

3. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Yes they are really good people with alot of love and friendship to share.

But I may have been too much for Johnnie :eek:oooh::smile2:

Attached Files:

4. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Kevin your new avatar looks great, life is good sometimes :wink: I'm glad you had a good time, so did we. Even if we wore out the "Old Man" lol. Iam very lucky to have Johnnie as my fishing buddy, he has taught me so much, and every time we go fishin I learn something new. Any time you get the chance come on back over for another fun fishing/ freindship weekend door is allways open.

5. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Thanks Cass and believe me when I get the chance and the durn gas don't go to 10 a gal :eek:oooh: I'll be back:smile2:

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    WM, I am glad to hear you cought your PB, I hope to fish with Johnnie and Cass very soon. They are good people.