What a great day!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Timber Cat, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Thought I'd share mefore easty fishing trip with ya'll from last Thursday and Friday (before Easter). I took my son both days,I was off and he was out of school, for a little catfishin trip down the NE Cape Fear.Started out catchin our bait.Got aboutet up in a hole seven or eight decent size bream.Then I went and set up in a little hole loaded with log jams.Josh,my son,has never fished with live bream before for cats.man was he shocked.Not five minutes in that hole I got the first one.About a 12lb flat.Then a few minutes later another one hit.He went about 8lbs.We fished there for about another half hour and move up to another hole.About 10 to 15 minutes later,Josh had his rod out of the back of the boat and there it went.Almost out the back.He grabbed it and set the hook for one wild ride.When he finally got the fish to the boat it was a 18lb blue cat:big_smile: .Biggest fish he,and I too, has ever caught.It was great!!!!!! Couldn't have asked for a better day because I got to spend it with my son fishin:big_smile: .We went back Friday also and the only thing we caught was a few blackfish.Still a nice day though.Hope ya'll had a great weekend.

Timber

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thats cool robbie. i too like to fish with my son. i just like watching them fight a fish close to there size. might want to invest in some rod holders though. i like what you said about your son not fishing with bream too. i took my late grandpaw out one night and put a 8" white perch on for bait. he never catfished much but he looked at me and said "boy what are you fishing for?"......i just said watch this. about 1.30am the clicker takes off. i pick the rod up and the clicker goes again.....i couldnt stand it. i set the hook and missed that puppy. grandpaw said "that was a big one". i would love to go back in time and do it all over again too, so enjoy the time you spend with your son. i know i do. your son will remember that rod heading for the water the rest of his life. now you got to go back and put him in his place.:wink: thanks for sharing.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    that marvelous story! I too love to see children out fishing with their loved ones and catchin a big one. You just never forget the look of excitement on their faces. It's just priceless. What a blessing for a parent to witness that! God Bless you for taking your child with you! You sound like a great Daddy!!:big_smile:

4. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Thanks everybody! I take advantage of every second I can to spend with my kids.It has gotten really tough this year since I got moved to straight evening shift(3-11).My son's first year in high school and he is pitching and playin second base.I haven't missed a game since he was 4 years old until this year.And my daughter is a catcher in rec softball.She is playing as i type this and I have been playin phone tag with my wife all night.She hit a double and threw someone out at second earlier and they are winning 14-2.It sure is tough but I know everything happens for a reason.Maybe things will get better for me as far as shift work soon.Anyway,sorry to bore ya with that.sometimes helps to talk about it ya know.Ya'll take care and I know I will be postin more fishin stories for ya:wink: :smile2: