What a good start!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Rottdog, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello everyone, I decided Friday that Saturday night I was going to give it a shot if the weather was decent. Well Saturday came and I pretty much wrote it off due to the cool front and winds that had taken over. So I decided to call my Uncle who was going to accompany me on this trip. I got to admit this was one of those calls where you don't come right out and say it, but deep down you really hope by the end of the call the other person has decided that cancelling would be the best idea! Anyway not my Uncle, Instead he tells me about the poles he went and rigged up for tonight and starts throwing out bait possibilities. So not wanting to let him down, I decided to go after all. We got out there about 10:30 P.M. threw the cast nets around for a while and caught Nothing! So we started throwing the store bought baits at them and wouldn't you know, about an hour and half in, I reeled in a 5lb 12oz Channel, 15 minutes later the pole loaded up again, This time a 5lb 3oz Channel. It felt Awesome to not only catch 1 but 2 Cats on my first night out in 2007. But the story doesn't end here, My uncle who just started Catfishing late in the season last year has never caught a catfish on a rod and reel, hooked up to a 7lb Channel. I have never seen an adult so happy and estatic in my life over anything. You would of thought he just hit the Powerball. Not five minutes later his pole was loaded again. This time a 3lber. We didn't see another hit after that but I tell you what I would gladly sit out in the cold miserable conditions we sat in tonight to see someone catch their first Catfish! All in all 4 fish approximately 20 lbs combined. Caught all 4 of them bottom fishing shrimp in 8 foot or less water.

Just Happy myself to start out 2007 with a Win!!!
    Garrett

2. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    way to go, I hope to get my first 07' fish soon.

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a great start Garret.Thanks for sharing.

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats Garrett.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is nothing like watching someone you love catch their first fish. Just makes feel good all over.You've just witnessed a unique form of happiness that comes upon us occasionally. Congrats on the first fish of 2007. I hope soon to be able to bring home some good pansized fryers. Nothing like good fryers for supper!:big_smile:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Garrett on that first 2007 trip. Sounds like you did well. Your Uncle will never forget that trip or his first catfish on a rod and reel. Thanks for sharing.:lol: :big_smile:

7. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    WAY TO START THE SEASON OUT.CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR UNCLE

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Good job. That sounds like some good eatin !!!

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    WTG!! Can't wait to have a little luck myself. I've caught a few dinks so sar, but haven't been seriously fishing for cats yet.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    WTG on your first night out.I've been out a couple of times but haven't had a whole lot of luck yet. Happy to hear your Uncle caught his first cat. I'd say he's most lkely hook for sure now.Wait till he hooks into the big boys.:big_smile:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice Job Garrett!!! Kudos on your successful trip, and even more so for sharing the trip with your uncle. I'm sure he will remember that trip for the rest of his life. Isnt that what this great sport is about.

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go Garrett, now arent you glad you went?

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Congrats on the successful night of fishing! I know how you feel...I love introducing people to the wonderful sport that we all enjoy so so much!! You're absolutely right, just sharing the enjoyment of their first cat is so much fun

14. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    I really enjoy reading posts such as this one. Keep up the good work! Rep point coming your way for sharing this story!

15. dugjonz

dugjonz New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was already hooked, but this certainly didn't hurt anything. This is them in my avatar. Not much to look at compared to y'all's, but it's a start.:cool2:

16. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Good job Garrett. It's always great to take someone new to the sport and watch their reactions.

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    congrats Garrett Can,t wait to go my self