What a Finish!

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by kbgrillin, Jul 6, 2009.

1. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Was that a Great finish or what? I can't stand kyle bush. When he passed Tony, I wanted to throw up. But he just could'nt hold off Tony. When kyle hit the wall, I was jumping for joy. (glad he did not get hurt). He needs an attitude adjustment. I was hoping he would go after Tony so that Tony would stomp kyle's butt. What do ya'll think?

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont know kyle is a good sized boy.and Tonys well Tony isnt as tall as Kyle.:roll_eyes:I would like to see Kyle and Carl Edwards go a few rounds.Hey I havent picked Cuzin Carl to win a race this year. I say its his turn. Cuzin Carl wins in Chitown.Print it.
    smokey

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah that was a fantastic finish.I knew when those two were one,two something was going to happen.then when kyle threw that first block i told my buddy that tony wont let him do that a second time and sure enough he tried it and around he goes.I love it,To be honest i didnt expect my man smoke to do so well his first year with this team,im totally blown away.GO SMOKE!

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Can't believe Kyle walked away from that one. Shows all the safety improvements are working.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Previously on the BOC there has never been a shortage of Smoke haters.
    Wonder where they disappeared to?

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Always been a BIG smoke fan here.i think its just most of the tony haters hate kyle worse lol.So it was one of those the enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda deals.

7. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, i'm starting to come around to liking Tony.

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    LOL, never did like Stewart but cant blame him for going for the win. I didnt want either driver to win.

Great finish!!!...smash'em up, pile'em up, let the score keepers sort it out.

9. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    It might be that people are starting to realize he's possibly the best driver in NASCAR. It's pretty rare that a owner driver is competitive every week.

10. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It's pretty rare that a owner/driver has the support of Rick Hendrick. If it wasn't for Rick Hendrick helping him out do you think he would be having the season that he is having?

11. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I have to agree with Glenn on this. Usually Stewart is struggling until about mid season.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lol. carl would whoop his ar$$. lmao. ya that was a good race.:wink: old carl went through the grass to a top 5 spot in 4th.:big_smile:

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    that and the talladega edwards crash were both some wicked crashes.

14. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Rick Hendrick is helping out Jimmy Johnson, Mark Martin, Dale jr. and Jeff Gordon, but Tony Stewart is leading the points.

15. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't think you got the point that I was trying to make to you about Rick Hendrick helping Tony out. It's not like Tony has a brand new start up team that he started from scratch. Do you honestly believe that he would be doing this good so soon if he wasn't using Hendrick built engines and chassis'? If you don't believe that Stewart/Haas Racing isn't an extension of Hendrick Motorsports than you are living in a fantasy world. BTW,Rick is supposed to help Jeff,Jimmy,Mark,and JR out,he owns their cars and they are his drivers. Another thing you better consider is Tony's crew chief came from Hendrick Motorsports too. Did you happen to notice that one of the first people in victory lane to congratulate Tony at Daytona was Rick Hendrick? Do you think he would have been there if he didn't have a vested interest in that car.
    I think NOT!!!

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    whats your point Glenn? Rick Hendrick found a way to cheat the system.No big deal. I dont think you could call tonys team a "farm team"But wouldnt be supprised to see a driver that Rick wants to keep an eye on ends up with tony.
    Rick is doing what it takes to stay on top,
    smokey

17. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma

My point was Hendricks stable of drivers aren't doing better than Tony. So why are you giving Hendrick so much credit for Tony's success? The facts remain Tony is a owner/driver and he's leading the points, and Ryan Newman is in 7th. That's pretty good, even if he's getting help from Hendrick.

18. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My point is Tony is not starting from scratch like DW,Rudd,and some others in recent years did. I don't know how much clearer I have to make it. We all have our opinions and my opinion is Tony and Ryan would not be doing as good as they are if it was a complete new team starting from scratch. As far as you calling Rick Hendrick a cheater I don't understand how you can say that unless you know something that no one else knows. I know it's probably hard for you Stewart fans to admit that him and Newman wouldn't be doing this well this quick without Rick Hendricks help. That's my opinion and I know it is not the same as yours and I understand that. BTW,I didn't call Tony's team a "farm team",I called it an extension of Hendrick Motorsports.

19. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Giving Rick Hendrick credit for helping Tony's teams get started has nothing to do with what the drivers that drive for Rick are doing this year. You do realize that there is a lot of luck involved in racing don't you. I don't care how good a team you have if you don't have some luck to go along with talent you're not going to have a good year. I've stated my opinion on this subject and you've expressed your opinion and it's clear that our opinions are not the same and I have no problem with that. If I was a Stewart fan I probably wouldn't want to admit things wouldn't be going this good for Tony and Ryan this soon without Rick's help either.

20. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Maybe we should just call it Hendrick-Stewart-Haas-Jr Motorsports. Did anyone notice who was driving the #5 car in the Nationwide race? Was Newman I believe. And didnt Stewart race the #80 car sponsered by Hendrick Cars.com back in Febuary at Daytona's Nationwide race.