What a fine mess you got me in. LOL

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dano, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Garage Sale. :mad:

Well guys/gals, my wife and I decided its time to down size after 25 years and collecting, storing 4 families junk. LOL. It was both our ideal, but she is the one that finally pushed me out the door to do this garage sale thing.

You just want believe all the junk we got. I want to take it all to the dump. LOL. We have a lot of stuff to go through. This is going to be hard work. ya'll just have to see it to believe it. All most like a flee market. I didn't think a box, shed, attic could hold so much stuff. Now I know why high winds didn't carry my house off. Too heavy. Its like once we started moving things around, it grew and there ain't no putting it back. Good thing, I'm finding some old fishing stuff. HeHeHe.

Bad thing about all this, I'm not the one who wanted to save most of this stuff to begin with. Honey, I told ya so. Slap Slap, easy on my head Honey. That hurts.:cursing: LOL.
    She is getting tear eyed over some things. :wub: Lord help me. LOL.

Anyway, this aint too much fun for me but I will have my fun when people start showing up. :D This is going to take up my enjoyment time on BOC. I move slower these days so it takes more time for me to do things than it did a couple years ago, before I had some med problems. Thats ok, I need the work out. LOL. plus I got to make a living. LOL. We need the money and room.

If I aint around for a while, I'll be back. This could take weeks. if my wife will give me a break, I'l step in now and then.LOL. OOPS, here she comes. I got to go. :worship: LOL.
    No honey, I'm not on the puter, I'm waiting on you. Slap Slap, I said be easy on the head. Slap slap. Ok,Ok, I'll shut up.

I smell a bonfire. :evil-big: . LMHO. Or a few trips to the dump. What a mess we got. LOL.

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    LOL, good luck with your expedition into the great unknown of your garage, hopefully you'll find your way back to us again someday. I wish you well
    :p

3. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Yep I see Wal Mark in there...LOL hey let me know what you want for the fishing gear will ya?!

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    You guys have done this before. LOL
    Last one for me was 15 years ago and it wasn't at my house.

Gator, I sure will.
    Not really a lot so for, but plenty of other junk.

BAITFISH, every year. Hope my wife don't read that. LOL.
    We got a small flee market going.

This may take a while. :sad:

5. shadow

shadow New Member

Now your JUNK will become someone elses' JUNK and they can sell it to another person in a few years. How much fun can a person have? You may even get the opportunity to buy some of it back again---at a higher price of course. :eek:

Once you get rid of JUNK it becomes JUNQUE and demands more money if you want it back. :cursing:

6. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Dano I will even pay shipping for the lot. I will do the best I can to help you out brother.,,LOL If there is such a thing as help in a cass like this...

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    LOL shadow, you are right. I'm not the one who wants it back.
    I got a wife. :0a10:

I have learned over the years. You can save things all your life. Keep em for ever and the day you get rid of it, you need it.

Gator, before this is over, I may take you up on that shipping cost. How much food and water do you think I will need in a crate if I ship myself to your area so I can get out of the G.S.
    For now, I got to get back to work.

8. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Dano,

It NEVER fails. You start going through it all and find things that you haven't seen in years, get a renewed interest and then don't want to part with it.

It's almost like Christmas all over again... lol

Mike

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lol. i go through my crap every couple years so it don't get there. lmao. guess ide loose my house in a wind storm though.

10. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Dano you know your welcome here any time bro.....come on down

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    We haven't even come close to going through all our stuff. We be running out of room to display it. I guess we will have to add to it as it sales. I hope it sales. LOL. We have several generations of stuff stored and going through this brings up a lot of history. Dates back a 100 years. Lot of cool stuff that we never new we had. It came from us storing stuff from other family members who has past on. A lot of it is junk but there are some things that might be worth something. The history is interesting. Also finding stuff that is giving us a little too much Inf.. LOL. We haven't even gone through the stuff my wife and I have collected since we been married. LOL. I wish some of you folks on here who may be collectors, could have a look at some of this stuff. Got a little bit of everything. O Well, hopefully it will all be sold soon. LOL.

Mike, yea, its like Xmas. We open up all the boxes, like presents, set it out, play with it for a while and then decided , we might need to hang on to that and re pack it.. LOL.

What we really need is a flea market sale. More room and more time. LOL. I think we will have to have more than one weekend for a sale.

bad thing is after going through this stuff, their is a lot to burn and we are under a burn ban right now. My boat is full of trash, so burning stuff will stay dry when it does rains. Trash dump cost too much to take burning materials. LOL.

12. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Dano any hunting or fishing stuff just let me know a price

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I stepped in real quick to give update. Ya'll watch my back and tell me if you see my wife come in.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Gator, I wanted to get back to ya on the fishing stuff I found while goings through G. sale stuff. I really dont want to get rid of the fishing stuff right now. Thought you might want to read about my finding anyway. I think its cool stuff. If I ever decide to get rid of any fishing/hunting gear, you will be the first to know.

I found a few old lures that I save and one day might make a display out of em. But who knows.
    Then I found a couple old neat poles. They are call bream catchers. Good sturdy handles and they extend out, one 12 ft and the other '8.5 ft. Both are very light on the tips. Both slide back into the lower part of rod, down to about 3ft for carrying. Got little brackets to rap line around. Works like a cane pole when extended. looks like they would be fun slinging bream on the bank. I got a try em out. Old, but in good shape. Wal-mart still sales em I think but I never used one before..

I found a old gracia 3000 spinning reel. Not sure how old it is but too me it looks pretty old. The flip over bell on it is not like I have used before. It works great when checking it out in yard.

The other reel is on a 5ft, 2 piece wrangler light action pole with a Johnson country mile 15 spin cast reel. The cap on it is broke a little but it still works.

Its all on hold right now. Got many irons in the fire. LOL. I want forget ya if I every get rid of it. Haven't got the room or time to go through some of the stuff. No telling how long this will take are whats still packed.
    -------------------------------------------
    Ouch!!!!. :cursing: My garage sale finally starts tomorrow for 5 days. My wife has stick in hand telling me to HELP!!! set it all back up. :sad:
    Got a go. It's useless to even get on puter at this time. :mad:

Ok Ok I'm coming, careful with that stick. :glare: :wub:

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Our sale started today. Got 4 more days left if I can stand it. This is my first one. Well I helped out on one at my Moms house I guess about 15 years ago. So far, we have done good. BUT!!!!!, I never want to do this again. I have had enough. LOL.

15. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Dano the fun is just getting started......LOL after your done there you need to come here and help with ours.........LOL

16. poppie

poppie New Member

Dano watch what your doing on pricing the "OLD STUFF" you should almost have a collectors book before you price things or you may give something away that would take care of your retirement! NO JOKE!

I had an old rusty cow bell and my wife laughed when I priced it at $50.00 thr first person who saw it bought it! I had a whole bunch of those little glass creamer things resturants used to serve with coffee, They look like miniture milk bottles I sold 20 of them at two bucks apeice and put two dozen back in the garage!

Old fishing lures are worth their weight in gold and so are the boxes. I had one that my Grandmother had give my Dad for a joke. It was a Black man in a barrel and the guy would expose himself as it went through the water. SICK....I know but a collector of black historic stuff I called offered me $250.00 sight unseen!

That same Grandmother had, what she called, a rabbit fur coat that my mother used to play dress up with. After my Grandmother passed away my Mother wanted to have it repaired and the guy at the store went nuts! Lady! Do you know what this is?" Rabbit? "No mam, this is wild mink!" worth about $1,500!

I have two BUFFALO Hide chairs made from, what I think is willow, with everything laced together, and real buffalo skins that I can document back more than 120 years one apraiser said they would be worth about $1,200 each in prime condition in their present, somewhat ratty, condition I should be able to get close to that for the pair.

The point being do a bit of research on anything your not sure of because people collect some strange stuff! Pezz, candy dispensers, Zippo lighters, lunch pails, fishing lures, metal toys, peddle cars, hot wheels are all bringing big bucks to name but a few. Look out for Micky Mouse and Hoppalong Cassady watches and Red Rider BB guns especially if they still work!

With 3 generations worth of stuff you may be sitting on a gold mine don't end up getting the shaft! OH YEAH if you have some commic books some of them are worth about $10,000 so don't give them away!

Well hell son.....You may be indipendently wealthy and don't even know it......Shoot you may be sitting on enough to keep your cooler full of the GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!! Later, Poppie

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Poppie, I hear ya and been trying to look out for myself on that. Have found some interesting stuff. I think If anyone had something that was hard to get, I might just have it. LOL. Sure is a mess around my house doing all this.
    I like your insight.

By the way; Welcome to BOC. I mean, welcome home. LOL.didn't know if you was going to make it or not. Getting ready to call the dogs out if you didn't pop up. Short for Poppie. LOL. :rolleyes:

Stick around. I can't be the only crazy old fart. Water is cold at first but you get use to it. I'm glad you didn't change your pic cause I'm still not sure which one is you, so don't mess me up. :glare: :D