What a deal

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Apr 27, 2007.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

south carolina
    Ok so check this out. Went out last night to stock up on my favorite channel cat baits since i am heading out this evening. went to the new Wal-mart we have out here and they didnt have any chichen livers, and they didnt have any shripm under 8 bucks so i was heartbroken. Well the C.O. (my wife) wanted some popcorn so we went by Fry's on the way home. i was just browsing around and went back to the meat dept. to see if they were getting rid of anything that i may be able to use (shrimp, chicken, misc.). well i happened upon a tub of sliced beef liver for $.59 and a 2 lbs. package of chunked beef heart for $.80. i also grabbed a pack of chicken liver and only spent 2 bucks. cant beat that for a good amount of bait. i will let you all know how it all works out.
  2. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

Chicken hearts are great bait for channel.............have not been able to find them in bulk in years here....... stays on the hook real well, after 2 or 3 hits/catchs, take it off and soak in in the blood with the others and use it again.

Good luck,

MSgt USMC (RET)

3. shania

shania New Member

San Leandro, Ca
    A couple of fishing Buddies of mind were talking about them using Chicken Hearts before - they said that they did Ok with them too :smile2: - so Good luck to ya & lets us know how it went out there. :cross:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
  4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

Joey. I agree "What a deal". You will want to visit that place quiet often. You might try seasoning some of that meat with garlic salt. Works great.:lol: :big_smile: