1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi fellow BOC ers, I saw something today that just made my mouth water. I was down at the boat landing getting ready to go out on the river, and a friend of mine pulled in and started to load his boat up. We started to talk, and I finally asked how he had done. Well he said your probably not going to believe me, I caught a 40-50 pound flathead up at the dam a while ago, and the best part of the story is he caught it on 6lb test line, and a jig. He was jigging for waleye, and he felt a bump in the line, that's all. he thought he was snagged, until the fish moved. He knew it was big, but not what it was, until he got it up to his boat. He was by himself, and he had a heck of a time getting the fish in the boat, but it sure was pretty. He was unsure of what he was going to do with it, but I know he was going to show it off some, he was keeping it alive in his livewell for the time being. Well after seeing that fish, I was all gungho. I went out and caught a few channels, but nothing of any size, oh well next time. Later Andy

2. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Would have liked to have seen that one myself, you should get him to come to cat1 and join up.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    No comment:confused:

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    cook said it all

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I would sure like to pull in a couple 40 plus pounders, but only have pulled in a couple of 30 pounders. Nice going on the cats.

6. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    6lb line? how long did it take him to reel that bad boy in? :confused:

7. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Did You Get A Chance To Look For A Big Rig In His Boat? I Know Of A Similar Story That A Guy Once Told Me. He Caught A Big One While Fishing For Bait. I Am Pretty Sure He Was Just Full Of $h!t. And Wanted To Throw Us Off. Thats Why He Had A Couple Of 9 Or 10 Footers Hanging Out Of The Back Of His Truck With Very Heavy Line On Them.

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    yes I did look in his boat, all he had was lite tackle.