what’s everyone hunting with this year?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by chadinsc, Oct 5, 2017.

1. chadinsc

chadinsc Member

State:
    upstate sc
    Name:
    Chad
    what kind of weapons will yall be using this season? I like to experiment with different guns and loads each season. my main gun this year will be my marlin 45-70 guide gun. i will also try to bag a deer with my new to me redhawk 44 mag. traded a smith 357 mag for it this summer.

Attached Files:

jdstraka likes this.
  2. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia
    Usually start off with the X-bow then when rifle season rolls around it'l be the Win Model 70, 280..After I get a buck I'll switch out to dads old Win. 94 in 38-55 that my grandpaw bought in 1934..Then late season the .50 cal front stuffer for deer/black bear in December..

SHOWME and chadinsc like this.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    be using my fifty year old 30 on a marlin frame.be using a 125 jacked hollow point with 33 gr,of toc powder.

jdstraka and SHOWME like this.
  4. ma5qu

ma5qu New Member

Name:
    Mickey
    I am gonna use a 6.5 creedmoor .. bought it a few months ago very accurate !! Can’t wait to take something with it ..

jdstraka and SHOWME like this.
  5. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I use a BLR, Browning Lever Action, in 243 cal. I always hunted with a Ruger 30-06 but I sent it to Alaska so my daughter could go Moose hunting

jdstraka likes this.
  6. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Shopping cart I guess. Just can't seem to get well enough to get out my ole .243. But as it gets closer I might brave it.

jdstraka likes this.
  7. Toneyd

Toneyd Well-Known Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Name:
    Toney
  8. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    I use a Ruger M77 International in .308
    1578634-01-ruger-77-rsi-hawkeye-640-550-full.jpg

9. Kyle Volcker

Kyle Volcker New Member

State:
    NY
    Name:
    Kyle Volcker
    I'm thinking this year I'll be cycling through my Merkel 308 rifle for deer and bears when the weather sucks,No pistols nessisary.

[​IMG]

Bluecatray likes this.
  10. chadinsc

chadinsc Member

State:
    upstate sc
    Name:
    Chad
    thats is a beautiful rifle. looks like a high end version of a ruger #1. bet its light and carries good.

11. halll

halll Active Member

State:
    iowa
    Bowtech tribute!! Older bow but smooth and quiet. I dont gun hunt much but if or when i do i have a ruger blackhawk 44 mag with a 7 1/2 barrel ( just holding it makes me feel manly) lol

chadinsc likes this.
  12. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    IL. limits it's firearm deer hunters to shotgun slugs, muzzle loading rifles, and certain handguns falling into a caliber and action category. I bought a TC Pro Hunter .50 cal. last year but tagged my buck using my Ruger Blackhawk Hunter .44 mag. Will be taking both to the stand again this year, gotta get a tag filled with the TC to justify the purchase.

chadinsc likes this.
  13. chadinsc

chadinsc Member

State:
    upstate sc
    Name:
    Chad
    i also enjoy hand gun hunting. have killed several deer with my super redhawk 44 mag 9.5inch. named it the hammer because it looks like a rubber mallet with it big rubber grip and long barrel. thats the hammer on bottom and a crosman 2240 ontop that i squirrel hunt with.

Attached Files:

Catpaw likes this.
  14. chadinsc

chadinsc Member

State:
    upstate sc
    Name:
    Chad
    ma5qu have you had a chance to use that 6.5 creedmoor yet? i want to get me an ultra light rifle and can not decide on the 308 win or the 6.5 creedmoor. rifle would be used on deer hogs and black bear. maybe an elk if im lucky. i know the 6.5 is fast and flat but just unsure of how it will penetrate and how good a blood trail it will leave. thanks