Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
They go by different names, but all do about the same. I've been using one (DolFin) for 25 years on my 50 hp Johnson. It's on it's third boat now. I notice no negative effects such as loss of speed, although some will say it drops it a mile or 2 per hour. It makes a lot of positive by the way it helps my boat jump on plane so much quicker. Also aids in reducing cavitation in a tight turn.

·
Registered
862 Posts
They go by different names, but all do about the same. I've been using one (DolFin) for 25 years on my 50 hp Johnson. It's on it's third boat now. I notice no negative effects such as loss of speed, although some will say it drops it a mile or 2 per hour. It makes a lot of positive by the way it helps my boat jump on plane so much quicker. Also aids in reducing cavitation in a tight turn.
I have a Mercruiser with a Atwood 2 piece hydrofoil, and it actually increased my top end by 6mph.

Compared to not having one, I would never go without one. I know it helped my boat tremendously.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I have a Mercruiser with a Atwood 2 piece hydrofoil, and it actually increased my top end by 6mph.

Compared to not having one, I would never go without one. I know it helped my boat tremendously.
Now here's a gentleman that's on the question that was asked. However the newer meaning might be bad on my heart.....but it would be great for my ego if I lived through it......lmao.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Now here's a gentleman that's on the question that was asked. However the newer meaning might be bad on my heart.....but it would be great for my ego if I lived through it......lmao.
Yeah, i'm getting the feeling that I completely missed something. I didn't read the thread all the way through before posting. Then again, I probably missed the big picture long before that.:smile-big:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Yeah, i'm getting the feeling that I completely missed something. I didn't read the thread all the way through before posting. Then again, I probably missed the big picture long before that.:smile-big:
It was just a joke Rob, we all knew the question Patrick was asking, Just go to google images and type in Wale Tail....lol....oh, and by the way, you'll get the picture.....lmao.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It was just a joke Rob, we all knew the question Patrick was asking, Just go to google images and type in Wale Tail....lol....oh, and by the way, you'll get the picture.....lmao.
Should I feel good or bad that I didn't need to search to know what a "whale tail" was, even though I have now been informed that were other options too? :smile1:

Does it mean that I have actually hit the older age when I didn't even consider option #2? Am I "old school" or behind the times? :cowboy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.