Whacked and stacked.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jlingle, Dec 7, 2009.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Did our part to maintain a healthy deer herd last night. Myself and 2 buddies killed 5 does and one small buck yesterday evening. The other guys decided the buck was a cull, I probably would've given him the benefit of the doubt. I took the 2 does that I shot to a local family and helped them process them. We were at it until nearly 11pm last night. They were pretty pumped, they wound up with a whole bunch of meat. I already have a full freezer, but the farm I was hunting needs a number of does taken to help balance out the herd more. We still plan on taking several more does this year, if presented the opportunity during the special holliday season. Hopefully lady luck will smile upon us once again.:wink:

2. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    nice! It's always good to do something you like and to help people out at the same time.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I love the doe thinning detail! Congratulations. Outstanding that you found a home for the meat.

4. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    great sharing with neighbors.:big_smile:

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Sounds like Good Work!!:big_smile:

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good job! Do ya'll have "Hunters for the Hungry" or "Hush" or any programs like that? I usually give 3-4 a year to Hunters for the Hungry, an organization a neighbor of mine started.

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl

Willie, I hunt and fish so much that I never have any problem finding willing souls to take deer, hogs, or fish. I have lots of friends who want meat and on the rare occasion that they don't, my guys at the farm want it. Turkeys, hogs, deer, fish..... I generally have a waiting list for people that need the meat. Several of the families that get the meat don't just want it, they really NEED it. My son gave his first deer to a family that worked for us that really needed the meat. It was a neat experience, and he quickly learned how much help a 120 lb deer could be to a hungry family. It was a pretty cool lesson for the boy to learn.

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Awesome Man:big_smile:

9. snomad

snomad New Member

State:
    Manitoba
    X2.