Wet morning fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Jul 3, 2009.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Planned to hit the water at 5am with J-dog this morning but the storm held us up.It passed over about 6am so we headed to the lake.We drove in rain off and on to the lake but it had stopped when we got to the ramp.

We unloaded and headed to the same place we fished on Sun.About the time we tied up it started raining and it never stopped.

But the fishing was good.We had our 10 fish limit in less than 2hrs.Nothing big just eaters.Biggest was about 5.5 lbs.Filled a gallon bag with the 10 fish.

About 4 on skip jack the rest on Shad..

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    A wet morning fishing beats working anytime. Glad to hear you got in to some fish and had a good time doing it.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Whats a catfish?:embarassed::smile2:
    Ive forgotten what they look like.:smile2:
    Congrats on a successful trip Tom and J Dog! You got me wanting to go fishin for some grub.:wink:

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I'm about to send Tom a couple of my skipjack to see if he catches anything on them, because I sure can't seem to, lol. :sad2:

5. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    I knew I should have braved the storm to go catch some fish, theyve changed the flow rates at the damn as of yesterday too.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Last Sun we did better on Skipjack but i didn't have no ice with me:crazy:and the one I didn't use i think got a little soft.

I took it today but i had some fresh caught shad that a buddy caught yesterday and they were hitting it better.

But last Sun they were on the fresh skip better than anything.It was a 1st time using it for me and wont be the last.

Gary the fish i catch you would use for bait:smile2:So you might want to keep yours.

7. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Way to go, Tom! Sounds like a lot of fun, fer shure! Glad you scored on them
    eaters with J-Dog in spite of the weather. I need to get out there and
    catch a few myself. I think I'm gonna blow stuff up this weekend, though.
    Way too many morons out on the water anyway, I imagine.

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i know what ya mean !! :smile2:

Tom, congrats on another standard day for ya on the water !!