Wet day on the Pee Dee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Since I cut firewood three days this week, and worked on the farm the other two days, I was bound and determined to go fishin' today. I had some gizzard shad in the refrigerator that needed using. The forecast was for rain, but rain doesn't bother me much. My grandson spent the night with us and he was chomping at the bits to wet some hooks. When we awoke to rain this morning, I called my pard, BAREFOOTFISHN, and he said he wasn't going in the rain. That settled it, so I decided not to go. About mid morning, the rain stopped and I decided to go anyhow. By the time I got the boat loaded up, the rain started back up. By the time we got to the landing, it was pouring. We hit the river with high hopes, but I guess the fish didn't want to be out in the rain, and we got no bites. Soaked to the bone, I told my grandson it was time to go. He made me proud by saying "lets tie up one more time". :smile2::crazy::eek:oooh:

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats a good looking set up Bill, and the Grandson looked like he was having fun. The dog didn't look to thrilled though. Reps to ya!:cool2:

3. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    You should have brought an extra rain jacket for the fish Bill, then maybe they would have jumped in the boat. At least you were there trying, I chickened out with the forcast and cancelled my trip to the lake, and was regretting it all morning...lol

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Now that grandson is a fishing partner to really be proud of! :wink:
    Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

5. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Bill I hate ya'll didn't catch anything but you got to spend some time on the river with your Grandson. Layla looked like she was ready to go home.
    Maybe the next time you take your Grandson the weather will be better. I got a feeling that the river will out of the banks next week.
    PEEDEE CAT

6. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Me and rivercatsc had a trip planned for today but he called it off becouse of rain. Well I told him, I'LL CALL BILL HE WILL GO WITH ME. I should have called.:sad2:
    Go Team Hardcore !!!!

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Yep, that boy sure doesn't look unhappy. Thanks for the report, Bill! You're tougher than I am. I've been hanging around home driving the wife bananas all day. :wink:

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Know the feeling bill I think the reason they didnt bite was because they didnt want to go out in the rain lol.

9. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    thats a tough grandson you got bill ,he will be a real cat man when he grows up ....bill get the dog a rain suit:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That dog is thinking man I wish I wasnt on Team Hardcore now.:smile2:

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Bill, That's Hardcore!!:eek:oooh::wink:

I love the pics! You got a fine prodigy in the works.:roll_eyes:

Team Smackdown spent the day in the rain too, I love it!:eek:oooh::smile2:

12. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Bill u need to make a compact doghouse for the trips in the rain.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Don't let the dog fool you. She is more hardcore than any of us. First thing she did when she got off the boat was to run through, roll in, and bite the water in every mud puddle she could find. She LOVES the water. She's so foolish, i don't see her having a long life expectancy. :sad2: Grandson Justin said thanks for the nice words!

BB in SC

14. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the trip report Bill. I bet your grandson still had a great time. Thanks for the pictures.

15. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Thats the way that you fish rain or shine.I am very proud of you and your grandson, and thanks for shareing it with every one.:cool2::smile2::wink: