Westport help

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by southernhoops, Dec 4, 2009.

1. southernhoops

southernhoops Active Member

State:
    in
    Hey guys and gals fishing the westport area on the 19th and i have never fished there. I could use a little help. Also this is my first winter trip for catfish. So i could use some help with that also. Thanks in advance

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Sam.

3. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    theres a most awesome bank slightly up river from the ramp on the indiana side! its pretty much rite across the river from the ramp! you could spend your time there and have a chance to catch some good fish! its deep water with scattered wood! ive had several 30 plus fish there !

good luck

4. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    i fish that area all the time thats where i launch at but i have yet to pinpoint anything deeper than 30 feet maybe as deep as 36ft so you may catch them there but i have been told to look for 60 plus water. was out there last friday and did catch 2 blues and a chanel cat from the bank in im guessing 20 ft of water so there are fish in that area good luck!

5. southernhoops

southernhoops Active Member

State:
    in
    Hey thanks guys thats what makes this site so great. I am really looking foward to going up there. This winter stuff is new to me. This is my first season of tournament fishing and i really had a blast.