Westpoint lake report

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by baitshop 2, Jul 22, 2007.

1. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    had acustomer that come in today saying that they had a great day catfishing yesterday up river .above the bridge in franklin they said they caught 8 10 plus pound channel cats and 1 15lb flathead .he lost two big fish also one he couldnt get up that broke off...then he had one that he got up to the boat that he said would go 40+ pounds that the hook pulled out and it was gone...so it seems to be good fishing up the river.....:big_smile:

2. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Thanks for the report. I gotta get down there sometime and give West Point a try. Sometimes a man just needs a change of scenery.

Cheez

3. fatcat2fun

fatcat2fun New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Baitshop 2 it was nice meeting you yesterday. My son and I didnt catch any catfish, but had a nice mess of shellcrackers and bluegills. Talked to my buddy about the gathering and we are in. Will be in touch to see what I can bring. thx.

4. lost cause

lost cause New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Does West point lake dam have decent access below the dam at the tailrace.
    If so, how is the fishing there.
    thanks ( lost cause)

5. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    there are a few places down in west point ga . and then come up river ..:smile2:

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Fishing is good for channel cats below the West Point dam. There is a causeway you can fish from right in the tailrace. You can't get very close by boat due to off limits buoys.