Westpoint 4x32 scope

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by 1sporticus, Oct 23, 2006.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi all, I have a Remington 740 30.06, that has a Westpoint 4x32 scope on it. The scope has been mounted with weaver scope mounts, and seems to work fine. What I was wondering is if anyone has ever run acrost this scope, or can tell me something about it? I have searched the net and can't find any reference to it. Hope you can help . Later Andy

2. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    i did a quick search and came up with a reference to a "West Point" edition marlin 22 that came with a 4x32 scope. The scope might have came from one of those.

Good luck

Joe

3. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks Catter, I guess nobody else knows anything about this scope either. I did find some info the same as you, but I was wanting to get a little deeper into it. I was thinking it maybe a knock off of Weaver or something.

Later Andy

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Andy isn't it weird how you can remember things from when you were a kid but can't remember what you had for dinner yesterday. Saw your post, & it hit a bell for me....back in the 60's one of the first big chain stores, Western Auto...also hardware & sporting goods....I remember they were big enough to get their name in some fashion on almost everything they sold....like Sears used to. Remember how you could buy a Ted Williams shotgun that was really a Winchester. Almost everything they sold had a West in there somewhere. You might have a weaver....don't know if there is an archive somewhere you could check. The chain is still in business but small now and only Auto. Just a flashback. Don't give up the search.
    :wink:

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    boot i have not seen 1 of those stores in years so they are still open that is kool rember going there as a kidin the 70sthanks for sharing

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yes Boots I do remember Western Auto, we had one here in Keokuk about 20 years ago. I do think it is a knock off of some brand name scope, but I am interested in what kind. I don't know if it matters but it does have Weaver stamped on the scope mounts so maybe it might be one. I have this scope mounted on a Remington 740 30.06, it seems to work alright, I'm just being curious. Later Andy