Westies are in trouble!!!! SHOOTOUT

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Ol Swampy, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Well I just reserved the camp site #55 for the shootout in October. Looks like me and Linus are fishing it. Cuz,Grumper Willie, and ??? are planning on coming out to show them how to fish. Look out Westies:smile2:Let the Smack talk begin!!!!!!!

Lets all post up if you are going to attend. Should be a great time.

Swampy and Linus
    Cuz and Grumper
    Float Trip Willie and ?

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    My brother Eric and I will be there. My son Tre wants to come also. Thats if he get them grades up, He's 13. Troy is that OK?

3. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I am trying to organize things with a partner to come down there. Those of you who fish the riverbend, cabelas, or bass pro tournaments may know him. His name is Mark Farrow. If he and I can arrange our days off to attend, we will be there. If not, I intend to make the trip, even if I don't fish.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Better half and I are planning on coming.Only problem is I won't be able to fish it, no partner and boat not running. Still in the boat motor hospital.:sad2:Hate to see what that will cost me. Ouch!!At least I can get to see some of the ole gang and some new.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Yes Willie. You can have a third partner in the boat if they are under 16 Or over 65 years old.

Looking forward to seeing you all there..... :0a31:

6. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    I don't think Mark is going to give his points at the Riverbend Classic for the Shootout but what do i know?

7. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Me and Debbie are planning on coming over and fishing the tourny, but haven't gotten around to reserving a camp site yet.

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That's what I was thinking too......:confused2:

9. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    im tryin to get things cleared out so i can make the trip over to fish. i will be comming by myself if it works out. might have to put steve in my boat lol. if i do make it i will have a empty seat in my boat, but i must worn i have never fish over there before.

10. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I was under the understanding that the shootout was under a seperate deal than the riverbend tournaments. Unless there is a scheduling conflict with a riverbend tournament at the same time. Mark and I were talking at work the other day and discussing the possibility of fishing the shootout together. Maybe his shedule slipped his mind. Am I missing something?? I am kinda confused by the above post.:confused2::confused2:

11. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I just looked at the riverbend schedule and I see what you guys are talking about. :sad2: Looks like the schedule wasn't totally clear in Mark's head. In his defense, we were at work and he didn't have anything in front of him telling him any schedules. It appears as though I am S.O.L.:sad2: I still intend to make the trip, even if I can't fish. Hoping to be able to enjoy myself :wink:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Brent, Russ doesnt have a partner for the Shootout. I can tell ya without fail, if I were you I'd be doing whatever I could to be in that boat of his :wink:

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Missouri Fall Gathering/Catfish Safari Shootout Oct. 10th-11th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    .................................................. ..........................................

Gathering / Shootout information:

Come join us for the 1st annual Catfish Safari Shootout and fall Gathering.

We will be camping Friday and Saturday night at the Osage Bluff Campground.
    Reservations may be made here.
    http://www.recreation.gov/recAreaDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&facilityId=373311&contractCode=130

There is also a lodge located on site for those not wanting to camp. Info on the lodge can be found here.
    http://www.osagebluff.com/motel1.htm

Agenda:
    FISHING-FOOD-FUN-FELLOWSHIP!!!

Saturday Oct. 11th.
    Steve Brown will be sponsoring the 1st annual Catfish Safari Shootout Tournament hosted by Missouri ACATS.

The SHOOTOUT tournament will be located at the Osage Bluff Marina Saturday Oct. 11th.
    Hours will be 7:00 am - 3:00 pm.
    Registration will begin at 5:30 am.
    Teams will be launched in the order they registered at 7:00 am.
    All regular Missouri ACATS rules will apply.
    More info and rules may be obtained here.
    http://www.missouriacats.com/Tournament_Rules.html

There will be lots of great prizes awarded.
    Including a custom made trophy provided by BOC member Rusty.
    Two new rod and reel combos from Catfish Safari Tackle shop.
    As well as other cash and prizes.

Following the tournament we will be having a pot luck supper and Gathering:
    Sat. Oct. 11th at 6:00 PM.
    Bring a covered dish or meat item and come join in the fun.
    There will be drawings for prizes, lots of great food, fun and fellowship.

We hope you can all come join us for this year end get together.

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    well i cant make it i will be at the riverbend classic. Sounds like a good time but i will have to miss it. Maybe next year we can get the schedules together to avoid this problem

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I won't be making this one either, seems I'm supposed to be doing something that weekend.........................................................................Oh yeah, the 10th is my birthday and the 11th I'm tying the knot. :roll_eyes::smile2:

Maybe next year, good luck to everyone attending, I'm sure it will be a blast!

16. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey I have been on the Phone all day getting confirmation on sponsorship stuff. So far it looks like we have over $5000.00 in give aways for our drawings.

looks like SeaArk and Suzuki are going to provide the Food and Drinks(BEER) for the Sat.night BBQ.

Lebanon Suzuki is going to have some SeaArk boats on display for us.

Tombstone tackle jumped in for some stuff.
    Mo.River Outfitters is on board.
    Mid-West gun works is providing some cool outer wear.
    Team Catfish of course

The list is growing everyday.

We updated our web site on CatfishSafari.com so you may want to take a look at the ShootOut page.

Oh yea here's a sneek peek at Johns new ride. The pictures are not the best but I can tell you the boat looks GREAT!!!!

Attached Files:

17. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    WOW, a barthday followed by a funeral

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Great job Steve!

Thank you for all the work you have done to provide everyone a opportunity to come enjoy a end of the year get together.

Also a big thank you to all the sponsors. I just looked at the CatfisSafari web site and the Shootout page looks great.

$5000.00 in Prizes! WOW, great job again Steve.

19. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Ok, it's official we'll be staying at camp site #33 we'll be there Friday night.

20. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    damn, that makes me want to come down there instead of fishin the classic. Tuff decision. Eh, well, at least I aint gettin married. I can still decide when and where I want to fish and for how long. UNLIKE, the future of someone I know