Western Wisconsin

Discussion in 'LOCAL WISCONSIN TALK' started by jimmyw, Jun 24, 2008.

1. jimmyw

jimmyw New Member

State:
    NW Wisconsin
    Does anyone know where in western Wisconsin a guy can find channels and flats? I moved here 8 years ago from Kansas and I sure do miss them cats. Ive been fishin the St. Croix river but is there any place else? I can find Bull Head almost any where but I miss them channels and flats. People around here think Im crazy for wanting to catch catfish but I guess if your not from the south you wouldnt know much about them. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks Jimmy

2. GoCatGo

GoCatGo New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Sorry I can't help you with places to fish up in that area. I'm just north of LaCrosse. I can help you with a site to check in on for other people fishing in that area. It's an all species site that has a lot of info and could be very helpful to you. Check it out.........http://www.idofishing.com/ Good luck!!

I hope adding this link isn't against any site rules here. My apologies if it is.

3. Antlernut

Antlernut New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey Jim where are you from. I grew up in Buffalo city near Alma. I live in Wausau now. Wouldn't mind hooking up some weekend when I'm down visiting my folks and go after some cats. Sean

4. GoCatGo

GoCatGo New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I live about 6 miles West of Arcadia. I own a layer barn for Goldn' Plump Poultry and pick eggs seven days a week. A lot of my fishing excursions are quite spur of the moment. If I can find some weekend help that may be an option

5. skuzzypuddle

skuzzypuddle New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    had most my luck this year on th chipewa river in rusk and sawyer counties

6. madcatfisher

madcatfisher New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    hey, i have a house in Prescott, Wisconsin. When i fish for catfish i go down to the Prescott dock and fish with chicken liver. if you can get catfish worms that is better than chicken liver. I hope this helps you